• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magic Protective Gloves?

Devilish_02

Devilish has been running great except for one little tweak that needed to be made to the carb jets. However, when I fixed the jets, the fuel line seemed off. Then I fixed the fuel line and one of the headlights began to flicker. I fixed the headlight which reminded that I should probably adjust the fan belt. Fan belt starts with F as does fuses so I was replacing all of them when it hit me. The only constant in each of these equations is me. I touch the car to fix one thing and a second one pops up. Even when everything on the car is perfect, my hand finds it’s way to a computer mouse to order that one last part that will be the cherry on top, but it never is.

I wouldn’t say it is an issue, but my girlfriend left me and I need to let my son know he no longer needs to worry about going to college because I am buying a couple of project cars, so figured the least I could do was post here for advice. 

Has anyone discovered protective gloves that allow you to work on your car that enable you to just do one thing and be done with it? Preferably one that also blurs the numbers on your credit cards?

I am definitely interested, just as soon as I get through this weekend’s punch list. 😃

Edited by Devilish_02
  • Like 3
  • Haha 9

Everybody's wave breaks a little different

tena-logo-2x.png
WWW.TENAPROFESSIONALS.US

Combining the gentleness of a wet wipe with the convenience of a glove, the hygienic fragrance free gloves are ideal for daily body cleansing without rinse.

Rubs some of the motional pain away.

Not many tasks could be done with these so nothing will escalate. Also using internet & pushing ”buy it now” are pretty much out of hands.

• Like 1

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91

Yes, but you also need the rose colored glasses that let you see every rolling turd

as this 'amazing' vehicle that needs 'just a few weekends' to restore to 'minty' condition.

Minty.  Mmmmmm.

t

The thermostat in the E46 needed a new heater.  Replaced that.  Then the upper hose leaked.

Replaced that. Then the expansion tank leaked. Replaced that.  Now the Mahle/Behr/Chinesium radiator

leaked.  Replaced that.  THEN the lower hose felt left out, and it started leaking.  Replaced that.

All for a heater that opens the thermostat whenever I go hooniganning.  I need those gloves, too.

• Like 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

1 hour ago, TobyB said:

The thermostat in the E46 needed a new heater.  Replaced that.  Then the upper hose leaked.

Replaced that. Then the expansion tank leaked. Replaced that.  Now the Mahle/Behr/Chinesium radiator

leaked.  Replaced that.  THEN the lower hose felt left out, and it started leaking.  Replaced that.

All for a heater that opens the thermostat whenever I go hooniganning.  I need those gloves, too

LOL...that isn't scope creep.  those are all just part of the every 50k miles required cooling system maintenance on all POS E46's....

• Like 1

2xM3

My friends here deep in the Caribbean suggest the followings:

buy a black chicken, kill it leave either on the railroad tracks or at a 4 comer intersection. Put it in a bag with old coins, nails, and sulphur.

Then wait for the magic to happen.

Haitian brujos (witch doctors) are said to be best at these things.

Edited by kiva667
Translation
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

4 hours ago, visionaut said:

Pretty sure these magic gloves will only let you do one thing and be done with it…  🤐

eek!

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

To bring this thread back to the serious side (yeah imagine me doing that) the best way to bring a project back from the dead is to pick a system at a time IE brakes or fuel system and go through it all before moving on to the next one, this way each system will be sorted and you can move on.

• Like 4

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944