• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 BMW 2002 Verona selling for over $45k - PDX

Carlos_M

12 minutes ago, Robert Kyle said:

look at all of 911r's auctions.  They've all gotten insane prices. 

He's an incredible seller.

Yep, he is.  I won’t deny it.  The presentation is awesome.  

I could be wrong, but I think the point Slavs is making is that while it is a free market, is using his skills to hook some unsuspecting buyer into paying more than the car is worth.  

It could be hearsay, but from what I’ve heard he doesn’t actually own most of the cars he’s selling.  He sells on consignment, and you pay a chunk for him to put together, present and watch over your auction.  Again, this might be hearsay.  

one thing I know for sure...no one on this board would have paid $50k for that red car.  However, I must have gotten 10 calls from buddies who just buy and sell/speculate telling how great it was to see it go to $50k. 

Edited by Tdh
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 9:52 PM, chargin said:

That being said maybe you could build it for less but I could name 4 local BMW/2002 shops that could Not do it for less. What I've seen paid: 245 5 speed conversion @ $5000, M10 basic sporty rebuild/reinstall @ $9000, A/C installed $4500.

Content removed by Author.

Edited by Slavs
  • Like 1

Chrysler Cordoba? We don't need no Cordoba? We need a LeBaron!!

I hear the price of these are going up! 

• Haha 1

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

On 4/10/2021 at 10:24 AM, Tdh said:

I could be wrong, but I think the point Slavs is making is that while it is a free market, is using his skills to hook some unsuspecting buyer into paying more than the car is worth.  

Edited by Slavs
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tdh said:

Yep, he is.  I won’t deny it.  The presentation is awesome.  

Sure, like every car dealer known to man.

• Like 1

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

3 hours ago, NYNick said:

Sure, like every car dealer known to man.

Not true, I actually know and have used a reasonable used car dealer and know of a few more, they are few and far between. If you do your research and show the dealer you know what your talking about and won't take any BS. You can usually get a better deal.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:33 AM, Slavs said:

Just how many 5 speed conversions and performance engine builds are in demand ? The 02 community is fairly small and insular.

Slavs, I’m actually not arguing against your comments, locally though in the LA area 02’s have easily quadrupled in my local shops, so much so one of our popular 02 shops  limits the number of 02’s in the shop at once

with the 02 community growing in size and age the number of +$6k bills and +8.5k motor builds is also higher 

just look at how the 2.2 m10 stroker motor sales have increased 

not even mentioning $1800 - 245 5-speed core cost now 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

On 4/11/2021 at 6:50 PM, chargin said:

Slavs, I’m actually not arguing against your comments, locally though in the LA area 02’s have easily quadrupled in my local shops, so much so one of our popular 02 shops  limits the number of 02’s in the shop at once

with the 02 community growing in size and age the number of +$6k bills and +8.5k motor builds is also higher 

just look at how the 2.2 m10 stroker motor sales have increased 

not even mentioning $1800 - 245 5-speed core cost now 

Edited by Slavs
  • Like 2

I considered the 5 speed swap awhile back until Paul sold me his 345 unit and 4 th gear is actually much like 5th in the 5 speed conversions I have driven, plus first actually has value, before it was good for 5 seconds of pull or breaking spider gears.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:14 AM, Robert Kyle said:

look at all of 911r's auctions.  They've all gotten insane prices. 

He's an incredible seller.

Just image how he'd be doing if you could still use bikini models.

Second thought don't image that.

looks like a nice car to me

i'd pay the 50K for it since i know you cant build one really that much cheaper unless you do all your own work over the course of a few years and even then you wont be too far off the 50k mark considering clean roundie 02'start at about 20-25k now

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series