• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 BMW 2002 Verona selling for over $45k - PDX

Carlos_M

3 minutes ago, Slavs said:

Why not bring back the 70s along with 70s era Chrysler ? And, that includes the polyester suits. They last forever. The bugs will never eat those suits. And, in the end they can bury you in it. 

We're still wearing polyester, but now we call it fleece.

(I hope the buyer didn't get fleeced).

Tom

• Haha 2

Why the hate? These values are good for all of us. A rising tide raises all boats.

Everybody knows BaT is the place to sell cars. Sometimes I feel like sites like FAQ and Pelican are only frequented by those "in the know" or smitten by the marques. There's a MUCH broader market out there that doesn't frequent enthusiasts forums, and a good thing too.

We here are not the market, nor do we create the market. We're more knowledgeable about it, but we're outnumbered, exponentially I'd guess.

My car will someday be sold, before I'm dead, I hope. I'm thrilled this car went for $50K.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

2 minutes ago, NYNick said:

We here are not the market, nor do we create the market. We're more knowledgeable about it, but we're outnumbered, exponentially I'd guess.

Agreed.  Almost every time I drive my 2002, someone makes an offer or asks if it’s for sale.  Same is true for the other cars I have.  Stopped by a car show last night near Daytona on my way home.  I must have talked to 30 collector car owners.  Not one of them could turn a wrench or did the work on their car.  They just wrote the check for the car that blew their skirts up.   I started talking to a guy about the chop and drop work on his rat rod.  The welds were really nice.  He looked at me like I was speaking German.  Guys like most of us on this board are WAY outnumbered. 

To be clear, I have no issues with people who don’t do their own work.  They’re car people too, just different than me.   My point is, the collector car market is HUGE right now.  2002’s are part of that.  Good for us!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Slavs said:

If that Weber is a 38/38, it's garbage. I have one nearly new in the box. And, that's where it will stay. This carb has no range. Maybe it's good for racing, but that's about it. A 32/36 is better...

Hmmm. Well, since you’re not a fan of the 38/38, I’ll buy it for $50 (if it’s a genuine Weber unit). Seriously. -KB

10 hours ago, MOESPEED2002 said:

Thank god that there are people out there, outside our bubble that see the 02, isn't a pinto.

So, you don’t think my stash of Ford Pinto’s will amount to anything? (In my youth I drove a ‘72 Pinto Wagon for a short period of time, a decent and practical little car. And, in my neighborhood there’s a Pinto under a car cover... think about that.) -KB

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think the Seller was overcharged for the photo shoot. To me it looked like I was looking at a 1:18 scale model, and the interior shots were way too dark to see anything (including Esty's carpet!!). I guess painting the engine bay and trunk black was a cheap way of covering the original Sahara paint.

$50k....sheesh.

• Like 2

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Never had the pleasure of meeting Slavs but I have questions.

If you built a similar car for 15-20k what price would you sell it for?

I remember driving a new Cordoba and all the prestige I felt, are you ready for all that luxury?

• Like 1