• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share Your old Pics !

Milo

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, bmwtechnician said:

Our here collection

Love to see the pictures, but HIEC doesn't post on the FAQ.  Can you convert to jpg?

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

All the iPhone/iPad user needs to do to not upload HEICs is to go to their Photos settings, and scroll down and enable “Transfer to Mac/PC” = Automatic.

That lets the OS figure it out — when to send a native file vs a more compatible file format.  In the case of 2002FAQ, it knows to auto-convert the native HEIC photos to JPEG copies on the-fly when uploading…

Easy peasy like

(It also sure wouldn’t hurt if the HTML Uploader code could notify folks that HEIC formatted photos aren’t display supported.)

Edited by visionaut

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Thought I’d share a sample of a special mag I picked up …

Just some old guys talking about a few cars and their old shenanigans: blasting Led Zep, faking their settings, and demoralizing the enemy.

😉

IMG_0398.jpeg

Edited by visionaut

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Buckeye said:

Advertisement of sandals shoes by Iranian shoes manufacture back in early 70's.

Screenshot2023-10-05at11_22_36AM.thumb.png.fe9ec5fc4c355fc1b9d6baa7ef666828.png 

Those were the good old days — in so many ways!

• Like 4

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

My wife as a little girl, circa 1973 in her birth country of Ecuador. Her father brought home this  shiny red 02 and she was hooked. Today, we have two red BMWs. My daily driver is 2012 E93 (328i Cabrio) and a 1975 2002 that I bought and just finished. restoring as a gift to her.

image.thumb.png.bd095d1e7e8d4cbc8795a2a7516217a2.png

• Like 16

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2023 at 6:16 PM, 1lostcause said:

My 71 in 1980 taken somewhere off base in West Germany shortly before I sold it. And sadly about a month later I found it in this condition on base. About broke my heart.

PICT0082.JPG

71 BMW 7.jpg

These pics of my Euro spec Euro spec 75 Sahara 1802 were taken in July 81 near Sembach Air Base.  This 1802 got me started on drinking the 02 Kool-Aid. 42 years later, I have a Sahara tii.

PICT0088.JPG

PICT0089.JPG

• Like 2

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

On 11/23/2023 at 3:02 PM, Gordon said:

These pics of my Euro spec Euro spec 75 Sahara 1802 were taken in July 81 near Sembach Air Base.  This 1802 got me started on drinking the 02 Kool-Aid. 42 years later, I have a Sahara tii.

PICT0088.JPG

PICT0089.JPG

Small world. The photo of my 71 2002 was taken near Sembach AB, I was stationed at Ramstein AB. The location was high on a hill east of Ramstein so west of Sembach. I passed through Sembach a few times. If you ever went on a rec center tour you had to stop at every little AB or Kaserne on the way to your final destination. Lot of OV-10's sitting on hard stands. I was a F-4 engine mechanic. How the heck did you get by with that hair cut?!

On 11/24/2023 at 7:52 PM, 1lostcause said:

Small world. The photo of my 71 2002 was taken near Sembach AB, I was stationed at Ramstein AB. The location was high on a hill east of Ramstein so west of Sembach. I passed through Sembach a few times. If you ever went on a rec center tour you had to stop at every little AB or Kaserne on the way to your final destination. Lot of OV-10's sitting on hard stands. I was a F-4 engine mechanic. How the heck did you get by with that hair cut?!

Pics of me and my 1802 were taken in the Winnweiler,  down the street from the Bischoff brewery. I had just returned from a 21 day Eurail pass backpacking through Italy with my ex. Hair got chopped off the next day before going TDY to Spangdahlem.  I was back at Ramstein as a contractor in 2004 and lived in Mackenbach. Scored a lot of great 02 parts while I was there in 04,  crack free one piece dash, Hirschman red tip antenna,  etc...

Edited by Gordon
  • Like 1

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

This is me in 1973. I’m on the right. My silver 1965 1800 is behind me and I’m talking to my buddy Lou about what’s wrong with his Dodge van which was his harem on wheels and transportation to our hockey games. 
At 20 with only VW and MGB experience in wrenching this was a whole new ballgame. If VW and MG parts were hard to get, stuff for this car was darn near impossible then. A valve job was nothing like an VW. Even knowing the dealer who was my neighbor didn’t help. He had Bel-Aure motors in Staten Island and in 1975 he ended my suffering. He came home with a Malaga 76 one day and while I was over his house hanging out with his son and daughter he told me my new car was in the driveway across the street. He told me to get rid of the 1800 and gave me a great deal. A 2002 stickered for $6875 and he took that down to $6300. Borrowed $2000 from the old man and the rest is history   

IMG_1171.jpeg

• Like 6

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

On 11/25/2023 at 12:36 PM, Gordon said:

Pics of me and my 1802 were taken in the Winnweiler,  down the street from the Bischoff brewery. I had just returned from a 21 day Eurail pass backpacking through Italy with my ex. Hair got chopped off the next day before going TDY to Spangdahlem.  I was back at Ramstein as a contractor in 2004 and lived in Mackenbach. Scored a lot of great 02 parts while I was there in 04,  crack free one piece dash, Hirschman red tip antenna,  etc...

Sounds like we have a lot in common. Here's a current picture of my 73 Sahara. It's getting an engine and front suspension refresh over the winter. Bischoff was my favorite beer over there by far. Sadly you can't get it in the US. Far better than the Parkbrau they served on base. We called it Fartbrau. We were both lucky to be in West Germany back then. 02's were cheap and their parts were everywhere. I owned 3 while I was there. FYI: Send me a PM with your address and the can is yours. Prost.

IMG_3337.JPEG