• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: Italian '72 Tii on Bring a Trailer

gearheadgreg

nice

is that really Atlantik Blue? Sure looks like they missed the shade by a good margin

It's a pretty blue though. A blue you might see on an E46............................

I am curious to how much of the drive train/mechanical was gone through. She's pretty but is she "tight"?

Edited by iinca

Color doesn't look right for Atlantik, I agree. Seats, as common to Oldenzaal, are stitched and do not have heat welded seams. The whole underside is uninspiring, front & rear axle carriers, just randomly painted black and not gone into too much detail. 

As you may know, I'm not a fan of Oldenzaal cars, I would strive away from that one.

Nice looking vehicle.  I need to add this one to the list of euro tiis in the US.  This one is a good 2400 cars before mine.  They made about 15,000 euro tii roundies (if I'm remembering correctly).  A good chunk of tii production in general.  

Scott

3F247695-E664-4F4D-A148-4B454B3D5AC0.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

Why I so dislike B.A.T.: comments ranging from dead-on and correct — that would be those by Delia — to the un-informed — that would be those criticizing the car’s front bumper, based on the false assumption that Euro-spec cars must follow the U.S.-spec rules... (The subject car, a 1972 Euro-spec tii, is wearing correct bumpers for a 1972 Euro-spec ‘02.)

Sadly, anyone who is not an expert believes that Delia’s comments and the un-informed comments are equally true... ?

I find that, in contrast to B.A.T., mis-statements on this forum are quickly corrected. Yes, we’re sometimes relentless and overly-fussy, but we quickly bat down the incorrect statements, allowing everyone to focus on the justified comments, rather than letting incorrect thoughts fester. And that’s why I love this forum! ?

Oh well: daily rant over! Feeling better already! ?

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I hardly ever look at 2002s on BAT because it just drives me crazy.  

I look at other cars I like occasionally, but the 02 stuff is brutal.  

My gut feeling, too, was that it probably had the correct bumpers.  I'm just not anywhere near the reference material.

Scott

• Like 1

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI