• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You guys watching this one on BAT?

Tdh

Very nice, referring to the Inka 1973 tii. The combination of the (a.) records from Day One, and (b.) original paper VIN sticker on the driver’s door — still showing the VIN and the shadow of “7/73” — really caught my attention. Both shout “un-molested” to me! 

My records show VIN 2764379, just 15 cars later than this 1973 tii, VIN 2764364, was manufactured July 5, 1973. The BAT car could have been manufactured the same day.

Sure, not seeing them, I’d like to think I could have saved the original front seat covers (I’m guessing these replacement covers reflect World Upolstery’s 10-rather-than-12-pleats approach to the front seats). The rear seat cover appears to be original: correct perforated vinyl and correct 35 pleats. And there’s plenty of original fabric left elsewhere in the car. You could nibble away at making it “better” if you were so inclined, or you could do absolutely nothing to the car, other than drive it.... ?

I’d start with hood insulation pads!

Again, as with the recent Ceylon 1972 tii on BAT, I’m hoping for a great sale. Uhhh... that means “high price” (since I’m already a tii owner)! I was a bit disappointed with the Ceylon’s $45K(?) sale price, so my expectations have been... managed... ?

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

13 hours ago, Slavs said:

I wouldn't pay $5K for that car. The mods include a lot of the tautology expressed on this forum, which are not very impressive. Urethane bushings, bent struts to -2.5 degrees, a Weber 40/40 carb, someone's cam- probably a regrind, those Top End Performance strut braces with the front one braced to the valve cover and the rear one serving also as a battery trey (Sorry Steve and Top End, but your strut braces are overkill). And, for this money we're not getting a thorough quality paint job, but blended sections with orange peel. The 38/38 is bad enough, but a 40/40 is an awful carb for these cars. These carbs were designed for 6 cylinder motors. You're better off with twin Weber side drafts. And, those Recaro seats ? What is that upholstery ? Cracks in the dash ? E30 wheels with Falken tires. Those Falkens are not going to last very long with that much negative camber at the front. How desperate are people to be bidding $26K (the high bid as of this post) on a big bumper 74 with these flaws. The car appears to be a clean driver, but it is worth nowhere near these types of bids.

Can I copy and paste this on BaT under my name?  (snicker snicker)

• Haha 2

Go ahead and copy and paste all you want. I haven’t been impressed with the direction in which the 02 market has been going. Like I said in some of my earlier posts it’s all been hijacked by the “Flippers” and melon vendors from the bazaar. Just as I wouldn’t buy a rotten melon, I’m not going to buy into all this hog wash. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

O..M..G it just sold for 30 grand! .... I didn't see that coming. But when

you've got someone called Vgsteorieierv aka "MR DEEP POCKETS" bidding like he's shopping at Walmart I guess it can happen...

1974 BMW 2002

*the body matching weber air filter housing and grandma's upholstered seats were a big reason why 

Edited by iinca
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, iinca said:

O..M..G it just sold for 30 grand! .... I didn't see that coming. But when

you've got someone called Vgsteorieierv aka "MR DEEP POCKETS" bidding like he's shopping at Walmart I guess it can happen...

1974 BMW 2002

*the body matching weber air filter housing and grandma's upholstered seats were a big reason why 

Welp Mr Airbag did indeed back up his talk and bought it. That I didn't see coming!

4 hours ago, D Seattle said:

Mmmm.... the bidding closed.  Not the same as it being bought.   I hope I am wrong, but any bets on whether it is funded and actually closed?  Of course, looks like a $5,000 penalty if not so likely its a done deal. 

It says sold at the end of the auction. If it didn't meet reserve it would read "reserve not met"

All BaT sales are completed outside of BaT directly between buyer and seller. BaT deducts their commision immediately regardless of whether the two parties complete the sale or not. 

2 minutes ago, jp5Touring said:

I always love these threads.  I show the GF and tell her " See I told you I got a great deal "? 

Bahahahah!  I'm glad someone else does that too!  

I can't believe how much the car went for.  I'm glad to see it, but I figured it for 20K at best, just because it was Inka and a roundie.  As for Mr. airbag....I certain he was full of it as well.  Guess not.