• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You guys watching this one on BAT?

Tdh

39 minutes ago, fastricky said:

Is that showboat "vgaetajr" for real? What a tool. BAT has now attracted the Reddit crowd.

Hmm.... the tool just bought a ‘73 911S for his son, who’s almost 16. What could go wrong? ?

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

This guy Vgatetajr states he is at home recovering from critical surgery. SO he is likely on pain meds. There is a reason the doctors tell you not to engage in any paper signing or business transactions.  They really do think they are in control and know exactly what they are doing, In reality the drugs give you that feeling to go buy stuff.  

I sold a car to a guy-He never came to see it, did not ask many questions, Had me delivery it, handed me the cash, and then he tells me he had major foot surgery a few days ago.  Had me thinking this was way too easy of a sale.  

but what do I know, 

But what do I know

I wouldn't pay $5K for that car. The mods include a lot of the tautology expressed on this forum, which are not very impressive. Urethane bushings, bent struts to -2.5 degrees, a Weber 40/40 carb, someone's cam- probably a regrind, those Top End Performance strut braces with the front one braced to the valve cover and the rear one serving also as a battery trey (Sorry Steve and Top End, but your strut braces are overkill). And, for this money we're not getting a thorough quality paint job, but blended sections with orange peel. The 38/38 is bad enough, but a 40/40 is an awful carb for these cars. These carbs were designed for 6 cylinder motors. You're better off with twin Weber side drafts. And, those Recaro seats ? What is that upholstery ? Cracks in the dash ? E30 wheels with Falken tires. Those Falkens are not going to last very long with that much negative camber at the front. How desperate are people to be bidding $26K (the high bid as of this post) on a big bumper 74 with these flaws. The car appears to be a clean driver, but it is worth nowhere near these types of bids.

• Thanks 1

Slavs:    

E85B482F-3A46-4ACA-958D-C4093478E920.gif.82660f7537ede91ffffa7c4e8ad30a39.gif

I know.  And you won’t pay market price for chrome, seals, or any of the other NLA parts because people want more than they were selling for new 50 years ago. ?

26K is perfectly reasonable for what appears to be a solid driver.  With the 2.0 mated to a 5 speed.  The body looks pretty straight.  The carpet is new’ish.  I don’t like cloth seats but those look to be in good shape.  All that, AND a sun roof.  I mean come on.  I bought mine for 11k, but well more than that into it, and while I prefer mine to that one on BAT, 25K is about what you are in to buy a basic driver and then get it spiffed out.  The money, then all the time to do it.  Someone is wanting something turn key that is ‘good enough’ and put a smile on their face now.  Not two or three years from now while it sits in the garage while they tinker at night.  If it ever gets done.  Time is worth money too.

I once once wringing my hands over a particular boat and wanting to hold out for one about 10k less. I told my buddy about this, then he told me: You know, I used to think like that, then I realized all the time I was losing with my family I could have enjoying with it in the meantime and realized it was not worth the money I thought I was saving.  I went out and bought the boat next day.  Best thing I ever did.  The fun we had with it that summer was wroth many times more than the money I was trying save.

So okay, you wouldn’t pay 5k for it.  (Not trying to pick Slavs.). How much would you pay for what you want, then how much time and money would it take to get it how you want.  

Cheers.

PS:  That vgaetajr is a douche nozzle though.  Total poser.  He thinks he is scaring people off.  That, or his is some 15 year old sitting in his room and will stand up the seller. Just sayin’

Edited by D Seattle
Typo
  • Like 2

Dan Bridges https://www.mcbdlaw.com/danbridges

72C672F5-4936-4D47-8D38-51052FE96876.jpeg.872fc2ca9a69951ae67c5fef264e9fad.jpeg

Past Treasurer and Governor Washington State Bar Association

2 hours ago, conkitchen said:

This guy Vgatetajr states he is at home recovering from critical surgery. SO he is likely on pain meds. There is a reason the doctors tell you not to engage in any paper signing or business transactions.  They really do think they are in control and know exactly what they are doing, In reality the drugs give you that feeling to go buy stuff.  

I'm reading his comment a little bit differently. Sometimes, when you come through a serious medical scare, you come out realizing there is no better time to buy that car you always wanted. My tii is proof. This guy seems to either be full of himself or he's gonna buy every car he ever dreamed of. Personally, I think this car is cool but the bidding should have ended a few thousand dollars ago. But, that's me. The seller is smiling.

72 Agave tii

2012 Space Grey 335i

76 Sienabraun - sold  95 M3 - sold  06 M Coupe - sold

Where's Alonzo?!

This one's a lot more reasonably priced (at least so far) and is up for bid with no reserve...https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-bmw-2002-45/

See if you can figure out whether this car was originally black (should have had a grey interior) or has been repainted.  There was some discussion it had been Golf, but Golf cars didn't come with a buckskin interior--at least not to my knowledge.  

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

5 hours ago, mike said:

This one's a lot more reasonably priced (at least so far) and is up for bid with no reserve...https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-bmw-2002-45/

See if you can figure out whether this car was originally black (should have had a grey interior) or has been repainted.  There was some discussion it had been Golf, but Golf cars didn't come with a buckskin interior--at least not to my knowledge.  

mike

Mike,

I can’t explain the Golf-ish paint on the outside of the spare tire well, unless the spare tire well was swapped from a Golf car or the car’s been color-changed. Both are certainly possible. I was looking carefully at new 2002’s from 1975 until my purchase of the ‘76 in 1976. I saw a couple factory Schwarz cars with Nylon Brown (a.k.a., Beige) interiors and one with a Black interior, but none with the factory-recommended Gray interior. So anything but Navy Blue seemed possible with a late Schwarz car.

And other unusual combinations appeared during the BMW NA years. Below, a Pastelblau 1976 with a factory Black interior and an Inka 1976 with a factory Nylon-Brown interior, both with original window stickers confirming these combinations.

The Schwarz car has obviously acquired a new nosepiece: one only has to look at the handling of the top lip that rests on the top of the inner fenders: it’s been “smoothed over” with body filler. But, lo and behold, the replacement nosepiece was a tii unit, sans snorkel!

Best regards,

Steve

7DAC9150-AE90-4E8B-8FBB-A30C9BC89332.jpeg

69B95939-CD9D-4BD8-809A-CC4F19AAE211.jpeg

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)