• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DerEuroFührer

Somehow 9 pages and still left wanting. 

I thought I asked a pretty simple question, still unanswered. Not upset, but beginning to have a feeling we have entered a congressional hearing circus..

So Dude, 

2002 AD 

avoid or use? 

Why or why not? 

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

11 minutes ago, Vicleonardo1 said:

So Dude, 

2002 AD 

avoid or use? Why or why not? 

the answer would only be his opinion...shop there yourself and get your answer

i was at AD every weekend when they were in the valley in the 80's - 90's...i enjoyed going there and just looking for parts...it's a different place now... i haven't and would not buy from them unless it was something i needed that i could not get some place else...2002AD would be my last choice

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DerEuroFührer said:

If that's what you take from this, then by all means spend your money where you think is appropriate.

I was attempting humor.. to be honest, I am quite jealous of anyone who can live, breath and be around all this awesome BMW stuff all of the time. I get to sit all day, write code, compile code, fix bugs, go to mtgs... waiting for the clock to hit 6pm so I can drive to my '75 2002, crack open a beer and tinker and drive and look at my hard work of 10 years of re-hab'ing her. 

So I have no bad feelings about your post and actually found it quite entertaining. 

Randy 

1975 - 2366762 Born 7/75

See the whole restoration at:

http://www.rwwbmw2002.shutterfly.com

On 7/14/2018 at 10:17 PM, DerEuroFührer said:

Your inability to handle direct truth, is not grounds for censoring people.

never mind, I just figured out how to unfollow threads. back to your insanity...

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)

One man's opinion: Nuke this thread. Start a new one by getting off on the right foot, offering up relevant info and a mention to answer any questions. Some unfortunate vibes to this current thread I'm sure most regret and brings down the harmony of this community.

Also loose the word "FUHRER" in your name, not really very PC... 2 cents!

Edited by fastricky
  • Like 1

Just as a public service announcement, Ben has brought me in a few days a week to work on special projects, and to help complete some daily restorations. I’ve built both concours winners and daily drivers for other people of consequence within the vintage Bmw community. I asked about the departed mechanic and why he left. I got a slightly different story than “left on good terms”. Anyway, I now occupy the bench that the op once inhabited, and have had no issues with either Ben or anyone else there. I’ve taken no disgruntled customer calls. I’ve felt no undercurrents of dishonesty within the business. Ben has been very accommodating to me and let’s me do what I want to do. I’m sorry to keep this thread alive, but I felt the need to say something. Yes, making the offer to expose the “truth” about a business that you supposedly left on good terms is the height of passive aggressive behavior, and just plain shooting yourself in the foot when it comes to credibility. Even if there were problems, click bait threads like this just stirs turds and helps pretty much nobody. 

Note to Führer, you need to work on your salary negotiation skills. Ben asked what I wanted to make and I asked for more than your reported hourly and got it without hesitation. Just an FYI.

Edited by BuzzBomb
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fastricky said:

One man's opinion: Nuke this thread. Start a new one by getting off on the right foot, offering up relevant info and a mention to answer any questions. Some unfortunate vibes to this current thread I'm sure most regret and brings down the harmony of this community.

Also loose the word "FUHRER" in your name, not really very PC... 2 cents!

Another FYI, Führer just means leader. It has an unfortunate connection to a particular Nazi,  but in itself has no politically incorrectness unless you make that connection. 

55 minutes ago, BuzzBomb said:

Another FYI, Führer just means leader. It has an unfortunate connection to a particular Nazi,  but in itself has no politically incorrectness unless you make that connection. 

Yes I'm aware, but most people make that connection. Same with a truncated mustache! Shame because that was one awesome stylin' 'stash. Not.

23 minutes ago, fastricky said:

Yes I'm aware, but most people make that connection. Same with a truncated mustache! Shame because that was one awesome stylin' 'stash. Not.

Yeah, there were good people on both sides. -said no one ever. Well, maybe one person said that recently. 

Okay, last and final on this one. 

What most don't realize is "free speech" only applies to state actors.  This forum, as a private actor, can curtail free speech all it wants.  I would not be in favor of that. But it could.

The NFL thing is a good example.  Actually, those players have NO right of free speech at their work as NFL teams are not state actors.  (don't get me into the whole monopoly power issue, that's another thing)  The players are on the clock.  If the boss wants to say, don't take knee, they can do that.  Of course, a job can allow all the "free speech" it wants and politics and advertising work to ensure the players are able to protest at will.  I'm not expressing an opinion on that either way.  But that is the legality of it.

What people also forget is the point of free speech (whether real of imagined - again the NFL thing) is it includes being able to protest someone else's exercise of their free speech.  For instance, some people decry NFL owners, trump, etc., protesting the players' exercise of "free speech by taking a  knee (what is not actually a free speech thing in the first place for the reason stated above), but they forget that as the players have a right of free speech, so too do those who don't like the players taking a knee.

From my perspective in what I do day in and day out, people forget that free speech includes telling people exercising their free speech, to cut it out.  It is, in the words of Jefferson "the market place of ideas" and assuming they all get put out there equally, the market place will figure out which idea is superior.  Unfortunately these days, you only get free speech if it is the "correct" speech.  If not, you are labeled a racist, intolerant, etc.  Ironically, those who have benefitted most from free speech over the last 20 years, are the very first to try take away the free speech of others when it does not adhere to their particular party line. 

I've gone back and forth on this.  Originally I saw the post as being a smidge of an invitation to bash the old boss.  The I reread it and went the other direction.  Now, reading more, I'm kind of back in the camp that is what the original poster was hoping for (to dish a little dirt) but was too coy to come out and say it directly....I can see it now: 'well, I don't want to say anything bad, but since you asked...."

Regardless, I am exercising my free speech and unsubscribing from this little missive, as entertaining though it may have been for a while.  Whatever its original intent, its now a disaster. 

PS:  Why such a long post.  Sorry, perhaps I am entertaining myself. 

• Like 1

Dan Bridges https://www.mcbdlaw.com/danbridges

72C672F5-4936-4D47-8D38-51052FE96876.jpeg.872fc2ca9a69951ae67c5fef264e9fad.jpeg

Past Treasurer and Governor Washington State Bar Association

59 minutes ago, Dan Seattle said:

The NFL thing is a good example.  Actually, those players have NO right of free speech at their work as NFL teams are not state actors.  (don't get me into the whole monopoly power issue, that's another thing)  The players are on the clock.  If the boss wants to say, don't take knee, they can do that.  Of course, a job can allow all the "free speech" it wants and politics and advertising work to ensure the players are able to protest at will.  I'm not expressing an opinion on that either way.  But that is the legality of it.

I can't believe I'm weighing in on this...but thats correct unless you have a CONTRACT...the NFL players have a union, and under the agreement between the union and the owners, the players have a right to take a knee.  It says the players must be on the field for the National Anthem, doesn't say they have to stand.  If the owners don't want that, they must change that in the players contract.  The NBA, has some language addressing it, the NFL does not.  This is not a simple, "You are on company time, do as I say because I own the team and sign your checks thing."  The owners has signed a agreement with the NFL players union that outlines what the players can and cannot do and what repercussions the players will face if they break these rules.  Like wearing pink shoes.  Players cannot just wear certain colors, its in the agreement.  If they do the fine is there in writing...What the owners should have done is said the truth, the players under contract have a right to take a knee, then shut up about it and in the offseason addressed it with the players association and union.  Your example is correct under most employment situations, not contract employees that have a union.  Whatever the contract and employment agreement states is what goes.  ok...now no politics please, back to BMWs!!!!

• Like 1

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com