• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DerEuroFührer

14 minutes ago, joebarthlow said:

either the forum gods step in and end this madness, or it's time to kill notifications. this is a prime example of what ended forums years ago.

Joe, a good shit fest now and then is good ...i know i enjoy them...but this was for the wrong reasons, a good guy (probably) got lynched

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, joebarthlow said:

either the forum gods step in and end this madness, or it's time to kill notifications. this is a prime example of what ended forums years ago.

Amusingly, this thread is a prime example of why this forum was started about 15 years ago.

The 'Forum Gods' over at Bummerforums decided that free speech was impeding

their right to make money off of Google and such, and 

threads started disappearing.  And then started disappearing a lot.

And as soon as Steve got this forum working,  we disappeared from BF, too..

I turned off notifications on day 3, for almost everything.  

I do agree that there's still almost nothing of substance to this thread, at about page 9, but then,

I don't have to read it if I don't want to, right?  And I think this has to be the first

time Esty's posted more than once or twice in a thread in years, so that's something, right there!

(98% board sociology, 2% car parts)

t

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Honestly, I'm not sure what the hell I just read here. This wins the most derailed/all over thread of the year award!

• Like 2

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Shit, you READ it???  You'll never get that 15 minutes back, you know...

t

just can't hep mysel'

• Like 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

18 hours ago, TobyB said:

Amusingly, this thread is a prime example of why this forum was started about 15 years ago.

The 'Forum Gods' over at Bummerforums decided that free speech was impeding their right to make money off of Google and such, and 

threads started disappearing.  And then started disappearing a lot.

It was Roadfly, I believe.

• Like 1

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

Preface: Toby, I'm not getting my 15 minutes back. 

Mr. Eurofuhror, I'm confused about what your initial intent was with the post. Can you please articulate the point you are trying to be honest about.

My $.02: I was asked in a regional sales interview; "why don't I purchase from people I have good relationships with exclusively?" My answer, if the company's  product sucks it's not my friends fault, he just peddles crap. 

Their are some vendors I will never give money to, others I don't even ask the price.

Another interview question: "you have to implement policy you do not agree with," answer; if it crosses my mores, I state the policy to my reportees, then give my notice. Money is a transactional reality in the work place contract. I am employed to do a job to receive a wage. Boss offers that wage in trade for my employment and continued results. When this relationship no longer suits, it is ended. What you take away, what you give are choices and decisions of the future past.

4 hours ago, John_in_VA said:

It was Roadfly, I believe.

Oh, shit, you're right- Bummerforums started out that way, didn't it?

t

• Like 1