• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smartphone holder?

fastricky

19 minutes ago, Mike87 said:

Yep, turn it off and place it in the glove box. Perfect size and fit.

Some people use it for audio and navigation. So putting it in the glove box isn’t an option. I’m looking for a solution myself. When I had an ac center console I used a vent mount. Perfect. But I removed that for one I custom built. Still looking for an elegant solution. 

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

What happened to the guy who had modelled up the perfect bracket that slips over the front profile of the dash? He originally intended it for a cup holder that could be relocated and moved but also made a prototype with a proprietary phone holder transferred from another, generic, bracket. 

Moulded or printed in black ABS it looked and worked like a factory part. 

• Like 1

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

20 minutes ago, Teelinger said:

Clicking on that first link was expensive. Thanks James. :) No cup holder this time, but started looking at other bits. Cool cup holder idea though.

OP- not sure why everyone is giving you such a hard time. Having a phone accessible is quite useful if you drive your 02 regularly. Maybe you could get creative with one of the magnetic cases and mount the puck on your console somehow?

Around here, waze isn’t too useful as everyone is directionally challenged, apparently. 

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

My current set up. Window mount down low works great. 

@bentosorry man. Koogleworks is killin it lately. Every new product he does goes straight to my wish list. 

IMG_20170924_170659.jpg

• Like 1

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

1 minute ago, Teelinger said:

@bentosorry man. Koogleworks is killin it lately. Every new product he does goes straight to my wish list. 

IMG_20170924_170659.jpg

I’m not very good at wishing...

Hard to tell; does your phone camera get clear line of sight with that holder? I’d like to get some on track footage one of these days, but don’t really need a GoPro or other dedicated video device.

Regardless, looks great for street use.

The most costly, but coolest option would be to build an iPad mini into your console. Someone posted pictures of this a couple years ago. Maybe in the "show us your console" thread?

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

8 minutes ago, Teelinger said:

IMG_20170924_170659.jpg

BEWARE James.....This lil set up here in BC  would attract cops like flies to s**t and get you a Distracted Driver Fine ( 543.00 CDN) for your efforts.

Personally,  I'll take a pass on this one  (but then again mine is still not roadworthy so its probably moot)

Good to know, thanks Mike. 

Brent, yes. My camera clears the top of the phone. Fine for occasional street videos but for track use, I'd get a dedicated Gopro rig. Let me know if you want some help with one, I have several friends in the film biz that could help you spec/build one. 

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"