• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

3 hours ago, AceAndrew said:

Really thinking the pale gold stacks/cover is the ticket with Taiga.  Thanks to Andrew at IE for throwing this 323i valve cover in with his last batch of powdercoating.

Getting close to engine+subframe install (around Halloween time?!).

Will try to take some fancy pics, but quickies for now.

2CD6872C-950C-4872-9A7B-9E7C5D3C7AFF.jpeg

CF7568C1-4C50-4ACA-834E-2BA526E95F3F.jpeg

F913BD51-B48A-475C-BD5A-F2EEE2321171.jpeg

The rocker cover looks great, is that one of my old ones ? I know you think about things like this but wanted to make sure that you removed all the sand from inside the breather baffle post powder coating. 

• Like 1

Finished my upholstery! 

Thanks to Esty and Steve (Conserv) for all the tips and advice this summer.

I refurbished the seat frames over the summer grinding down all the rust, repainting and replacing most of the hardware. 

For seats and color I wanted to keep it original to a 76 (Steve was a wealth of information on that) but wanted to use an earlier color (60's era saddle brown). I used World Upholstery (worlduph.com) for 76 seat covers and Esty introduced me to vinyl dye (which we used a sample of an early model car to get a dye match). Once dyed I took everything to Darian at Burien Upholstery to install  covers and replace some of the foam  then I redyed a second time now that the seat covers were stretched out a bit.

Finishing touches are tracking down some period correct  plastic hardware covers and spraying some 303 over the dyed covers for protection and giving the dye a bit of a satin finish.

I am refurbishing a second set of seat frames (shorter sunroof style) to sell. If anyone is interested please let me know.

IMG_4780.jpg

IMG_4777.jpg

IMG_4786.jpg

IMG_4785.jpg

IMG_4783.jpg

IMG_4782.jpg

IMG_4781.jpg

IMG_4776.jpg

Edited by rdeeble
  • Like 14

'76 02 (Nellie) daily driver since '94

'76 02 (Oscar) sunroof restore since '10

1 hour ago, rdeeble said:

Finished my upholstery! 

Thanks to Esty and Steve (Conserv) for all the tips and advice this summer.

I refurbished the seat frames over the summer grinding down all the rust, repainting and replacing most of the hardware. 

For seats and color I wanted to keep it original to a 76 (Steve was a wealth of information on that) but wanted to use an earlier color (60's era saddle brown). I used UPH for 76 seat covers and Esty introduced me to vinyl dye (which we used a sample of an early model car to get a dye match). Once dyed I took everything to Darian at Burien Upholstery to install  covers and replace some of the foam  then I redyed a second time now that the seat covers were stretched out a bit.

Finishing touches are tracking down some period correct  plastic hardware covers and spraying some 303 over the dyed covers for protection and giving the dye a bit of a satin finish.

I am refurbishing a second set of seat frames (shorter sunroof style) to sell. If anyone is interested please let me know.

IMG_4780.jpg

IMG_4777.jpg

IMG_4786.jpg

IMG_4785.jpg

IMG_4783.jpg

IMG_4782.jpg

IMG_4781.jpg

IMG_4776.jpg

Robert, those are beautiful...it could be the lighting but that is the nicest saddle color i've ever seen, i love them...you did a great job...

very very classy

2 hours ago, rdeeble said:

I used UPH for 76 seat covers and Esty introduced me to vinyl dye (which we used a sample of an early model car to get a dye match).

Do you have contact info for UHP?  Thanks!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

2 hours ago, esty said:

Robert, those are beautiful...it could be the lighting but that is the nicest saddle color i've ever seen, i love them...you did a great job...

very very classy

Thanks Esty - I am really pleased with color as well! I though they pop really nicely against the grey.

2 hours ago, esty said:

very very classy

I think the word is... luscious!

Cheers,

• Like 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

36 minutes ago, Lorin said:

That does look nice, what color grey is that ?

That is anthracite grey and in this case it was the original color of the car. 
As far as upholstery color I believe there were only four stock  colors by 76 but one could still special order some additional colors (Steve would know for sure on this).