• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

I decided that the RIGHT way was the BEST way. I contemplated hacking a tired passenger window regulator to be made to work, but instead just went with a new unit. 

IMG_2530.JPG

After digging deeper into my door panels to fix my passenger window issue, I discovered that whoever last took them apart/installed them *cough* didn't install a liner into the drivers-side, and installed what could barely be described as a liner into the passenger side. Quality!

IMG_2385 2.JPG

IMG_2483.JPG

Needless to say... Both door-cards are mush and in need of being replaced, amongst a few other sins that will need correcting to continue making an honest girl outa Brunhilde. I'm sure I could just slap it all back together... but what kinda' good-steward to such a fine classic automobile would I be then? 

Bonus content- In tearing down my door-panels they appear to be from a 75. Automotive Archeology sure is fun :)

IMG_2504.JPG

IMG_2500.JPG

• Like 4

Did a thorough clean-out of the trunk. Removed the spare and the well was in surprisingly good shape. But, there was a pool of water above the well which means....that since I pulled Jadegrun out of the barn, she has developed a leak. Most likely the rear window seal has leaked somehow. The trunk seal seams to be excellent and fully intact. Time to get into the back seat and do a good inspection of the rear deck card....uggggggggh.

At least I could not find any underbody rust. And, I found a reason......

At some point, the car had been rustproofed.......possibly Ziebart.....no sticker in the window though....\\

Everything is out of the trunk and the lid is open to dry it all out in this fine weather.

• Like 1

Drove up to marble falls to me some friends at the Blue Bonnett restaurant for breakfast about 95 mile round trip...

0E20AD3F-E40A-4484-92A8-79C355E38C94.jpeg

FCABAB87-BA17-4654-A055-B696D46CD337.jpeg

• Like 8

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

1969 finally completely stripped. Took the last few bits off today. 
Tomorrow I start building the wood mock up for attachment points for the rotisserie. Hopefully will have the metal arms fabricated in the next two weeks to get it to an acid bath

• Like 1

Went after all the sound insulation/deadening in the interior, with the recommended 30 pounds of dry ice, and got about 80% done after 6+ hours. The two up in the plenum on either side of the heater box were immovable and hard as a rock even with dry ice on them for almost an hour. Literally unmovable. So I tried my heat gun AND I GOT THEM OUT IN ABOUT 15 MINUTES by scraping them out with a 1" chisel. Then I tried the heat gun on the transmission tunnel and it worked perfectly, very easy, no mess, very quick. In hindsight, I'd say the dry ice method is only the best method on large flat surfaces. Otherwise, use a $40 heat gun. My .02 cents worth.

• Like 5

I installed the two rubber bumpers in the trunk lid and adjusted the latch.  What a difference 15 minutes and 15 bucks made!  I took a 15 minute drive to find as many bumps as I could and it sounds 15 times better.

• Like 3

My parents were visiting over the weekend, and my dad wanted to work on the '71. So we installed my new cylinder head (replacing the very, very corroded one that came on the car and was leaking coolant everywhere) with a good used one. We took our time getting everything done to spec, pressure tested the cooling system, and then it started right up so we went for a drive around the block. Great to be back on the road again! 

• Like 7

Dropped off a pile of Getrag 245 OD 5 speeds, clusters and parts at a rebuild shop that's willing to disassemble and inspect the whole lot, then build what they can into good units (new synchros, seal kits and bearings not shown). -KB

5-speed-cores-1_0521.jpg

At some point, I'll do a few 4 speeds...

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, kbmb02 said:

Dropped off a pile of Getrag 245 OD 5 speeds, clusters and parts at a rebuild shop that's willing to disassemble and inspect the whole lot, then build what they can into good units (new synchros, seal kits and bearings not shown). -KB

5-speed-cores-1_0521.jpg

At some point, I'll do a few 4 speeds...

Can I ask what shop?  I've got a 245 that could use some TLC.

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs