• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your garage/work space

dasfrogger

Welp - I'm late, and all that's left are shop bathroom fixtures.  Which are pretty neat looking, but - oh well.

My shop is too small.  I need more room.  Or less stuff.  According to my wife, both of those things....

It's a two car converted into a 4 car (with 2 motorcycles)

20150607_121509_zpsfb15qi4d.jpg

we made a cut out, since I was worried the roof line would be too close to the  mini:

20150329_160927_zps9rgl1uw7.jpg

I set them up myself, and almost ruptured multiple things doing that.  Wish I'd paid for it now.

20150301_175531_zpsncsrmr8g.jpg

Way too crowded:

20160130_085020_zpszzxdpppl.jpg

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

On 12/14/2016 at 11:03 PM, COOP said:

Sure wish I had room for one more...and a couple more motorcycles.

Hey Otis: Nobody else has said anything, so I'm clearly a minority on this one, but here goes: My friends & family would never accuse me of being politically correct or lacking a sense of humor...but everything has a time and a place. There are quite a few 2002 enthusiasts of the fairer sex here who are a big part of this environment, and they should be able to visit without being subjected to your crotch-scratching, man-cave calendar expose...respectfully, save it for poker night.

I guess the phrase that comes to mind for me, as administered frequently by my Dad (during my Junior HS years), is "knock it off and grow the f**k up." 

COOP

IMG_2325.JPG

IMG_2327.PNG

IMG_1501.PNG

IMG_2387.PNG

COOP, what car cover are you using for the 02's? I have never seen one fit so well and snug?

15 minutes ago, Kidasters said:

My shop is too small.  I need more room.  Or less stuff.  According to my wife, both of those things....

It's a two car converted into a 4 car (with 2 motorcycles)

...Metralla and an Airhead!  Nice to see those tucked away in the space betwixt.

Definitely an eclectic mix there, Dig.  (Man, those car lifts look the bees knees.)

Someday, when I grow up...

Really trying to keep it original.  Again.

"Speed provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley

1 hour ago, brbrian73 said:

DonP: You may not have the garage of your dreams (although not bad at all) but the contents are over the top! 

Thanks brbrian73!

I lust after my son's 24 x 26 garage with 2 post lift, multiple welders, press, engine crane (mine), etc, etc.  His collection of cars isn't too bad either!

He is only a couple minutes away, so you can guess where dad goes when he has the bigger jobs to do ;-)

Don

73 - '02

88 - M3

88 - iX

HhAbG45.jpg

This was a while ago, when the 02 was still ugly.  I've now put a ceiling up there too, but still need to insulate the ceiling and paint it all.  The wife parks in right bay, and I park both of my daily drivers in left bay.  The Miata hides in the back, and is only for winter use and teaching people how to drive a standard.

8oZLMMd.jpg

This is the workshop that is to the right of the Subaru.  

Edited by KFunk

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Things have gotten a bit out of hand. This all started in my garage at home 30 years ago. Most I do at home any more is put the snow tires on and off. I'm getting too old to crawl around on the floor with no air tools, hoist or machine shop. 

IMG_2836.JPG

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

• Administrators

I am glad things returned back to civility.  Though you might not see each other face to face every day, this is mostly a friendly community and I would love to keep it this way without much intervention.  I do not want to be acting here as ethics police.  If you feel that you need to insult people, DON'T!!!  There is absolutely no reason.  Take a deep breath, and go on with your day.  If you want to say something sarcastic, remember that sarcasm does not show well in writing and can be misinterpreted as an insult, so avoid it.   

Another thing to remember is that this forum is paid for by ads. I have to comply with the rules from the advertising agencies. The forum has to stay safe for people of all ages and I need to make sure it does.  Please, make my life easy and keep it clean.    We all want this community to grow am\nd all of us have to help with that. 

To keep this on topic here is a photo of my toolbox.

28423564611_7909b44a81_o.jpg

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

Preyupy, that is some seriously impressive machinery in that pic, I take it from your signature those are customer cars. 

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Yes it is a shop.  I started helping a guy out with his old race car 32 years ago when I was a BMW line mechanic.  I left the dealership in 1989 when I was putting in 40-50 hr a week on the old race cars plus the dealership work.  My garage at home is now just a place to park my personal stuff.  (and a couple of race car trailers out back)

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

2 hours ago, birdhouse said:

...Metralla and an Airhead!  Nice to see those tucked away in the space betwixt.

Definitely an eclectic mix there, Dig.  (Man, those car lifts look the bees knees.)

Someday, when I grow up...

Good eye - but it's a 1966 Mercurio 175 - cousin to the Metralla.  I tried to get a metralla, and failed.  I also tried to get a metralla kit america replica, and failed there too.

The mercurio has sat there idle for a number of years.  I probably need to get back on fixing it.  It's a really pretty bike.

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.