• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE 11/11/16 123 Ignition Group Buy WITH A SLIGHT TWIST!!

Captain Manly

Ok, got some good news:

Euro dropped some more = lower unit price

We now have a total of 62 unit committed.

Now, the slight twist:

One of our fellow '02er suggested of maybe asking for a "promotion code" option instead of the original plan.  This way would:

1) save time in collecting all the funds, dealing with customs inspections due to the large value associated, shipping not once but twice to your location. 

2) Save on the various of incurred import/duty assessments (one of which I found gets billed AFTER it arrives and is TBD at the time of arrival).

3) Not to mention the wrath of my wife when she sees the inventory that would be dropped on her doorstep, and the ensuing shipping department on her dinning room table.

Now with this headache saving option, this is a slight charge to cover their efforts in developing the promotion code function on their side as well as the "shipping and handling" which in the grand scheme of things is worth it.  The following revised costs are as follows:

123/BMW-4-R-V                                         255,59 euro + 28 euro = 283.59
123/BMW-4-R-V-IE                                    263,36 euro  + 28 euro =  291.36
123/BMW-6-R-V                                        263,36 euro  + 28 euro =  291.36
123/BMW-6-R-V-IE                                    271,12 euro  + 28 euro = 299.12
123/TUNE-4-R-V-BMW (USB)                    302,20 euro + 28 euro = 330.20
123/TUNE-6-R-V-BMW (USB)                    317,74 euro + 28 euro = 345.74
123/TUNE+ 4-R-V-BMW (bluetooth)        317,74 euro + 28 euro  = 345.75
123/TUNE+ 6-R-V-BMW (bluetooth)        333,28 euro + 28 euro  = 361.28

The 28 euro charge to ship world wide to add to that as well, this does cover insurance too.

Calculate 1 euro to $1.08USD (as of today) would give you a very good estimate of your costs.  The promotion is good until 12/10/16 due to the foreseen holiday season.

I will send 123Ig our participant list to confirm who is in as well as which item you chose for his production schedule (however when you make your selection, please confirm.  I told them that I would follow up with your feedback by early next week.

Your thoughts and feedback are as always welcome.

Justin 

Hey, I think anything that takes a bit of load from your shoulders is a good thing. It's probably going to save some double handling and potentially some unintended consequences of importing a large amount of goods. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/