• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Vintage Vintage!

Harv

I have to ask the question that feels like the elephant in the room to me: Why are you towing, what looksto be a great car for a long drive? I'm sure you have your reasons, but to me the best thing about owning a 2002,(when I owned one), was driving it!

You talkin to me?

John

Edited by Harv

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Matthew & Jim,

Re: wives' attendance

Boys, you're just not trying hard enough.  Sell it to your better halves as an opportunity to meet the wives of other crazies similar to us so they can compare notes on how to put up with (i.e. accept) us. I'll be there with Vicki, I'm sure Andrew will have Kathy riding shotgun. Robert most likely to bring Lydia. Come on down!

PS. I have two passengers this year, as Sam is also joining us.  May necessitate bringing the coupe instead of the tii. Such a sacrifice, sigh...

Larry

'73 tii

'73 3.0 CS

'23 M2

Matthew & Jim,

Boys, you're just not trying hard enough.  Sell it to your better halves as an opportunity to meet the wives of other crazies similar to us so they can compare notes on how to put up with (i.e. accept) us. I'll be there with Vicki, I'm sure Andrew will have Kathy riding shotgun. Robert most likely to bring Lydia. Come on down!

PS. I have two passengers this year, as Sam is also joining us.  May necessitate bringing the coupe instead of the tii. Such a sacrifice, sigh...

Larry, my co-pilot in Cindy we'll be in Vern this year. Though she may have to fly in from San Francisco.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Larry, my co-pilot in Cindy we'll be in Vern this year. Though she may have to fly in from San Francisco.

Too little sleep. Too little coffee this morning.  A thousand apologies to the lovely Cindy!

PS. Sam also flying in on Friday.  Maybe we can organize an airport run...

Larry

'73 tii

'73 3.0 CS

'23 M2

As every year for except maybe two, the Lydia and I will be departing from Central New Jersey, date and time yet to be determined. I encourage all board readers from my area to go to this event, even if this is the only time you do so. The camaraderie with others that drive old BMW's (you thought you were the only one, right?) makes the experience well worth it. I always bring extra parts and tools. :)

On an aside, there are bunches of 2002 people in Facebook that I never see post here. Why is that?

Robert in NJ
73 2002 (Verona)

72 2002tii (Verona)

Matthew & Jim,

I think she wouldn't actually enjoy herself, so I'm not pushing it.  

Matthew Cervi
'71 Bavaria

'18 M2

I'll be driving over from Nashville in the 02. wife is coming along and we'll be doing Asheville along with the Vintage.

She asked me yesterday if the 02 had A/C :lol:

Harv, seen your car here on the faq a lot. looking forward to seeing it in person.

"Technology has ruined the driving experience"

Then who the hell else are you talkin to? I'm the only one here.I'm standin here, you make the move.Joking aside, sorry my question touched a nerve. Carry on.

Oh no! I know it's in jest.

I'd love to drive it there but the new tires (tyres for Less) would be worn out by the time I got there. Plus, I'm chicken. The car has many modifications. Then there's the fixed back Sparco seats........

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Seriously contemplating driving my '72 tii from north NJ with my 13 and 11 year old sons.

A little nervous about the idea as the longest drive thus far has been 300 miles over 2 days. I've also only owned the car for less than a year, so not that experienced.

Would feel a lot better knowing others going down around the same time. Plan right now is to split the drive down between Thurs night and Fri morning.

Thoughts?

Vince

'72 2002tii 'Liesl'

Hi Vince,

I'm leaving Baltimore area Thursday afternoon later after school lets out.  If you want to connect as you pass through that might be good timing...  Feel free to PM. 

Seriously contemplating driving my '72 tii from north NJ with my 13 and 11 year old sons.

A little nervous about the idea as the longest drive thus far has been 300 miles over 2 days. I've also only owned the car for less than a year, so not that experienced.

Would feel a lot better knowing others going down around the same time. Plan right now is to split the drive down between Thurs night and Fri morning.

Thoughts?
Vince

This year, my vintage BMW events will include the Spring RGB drive (4-23), Mid America 02 Fest (4-30 weekend), The Vintage (5-21 weekend), Vintage at Saratoga (7-9 weekend) and the Fall RGB drive, sometime in October. I'm very much looking forward to seeing y'all.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz