• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sometimes when I park.....

jrhone

Sometimes when I park....I turn and walk away and can’t help but think, “WOW! What a great looking car!”.

It happened to me today. I parked at the local grocery store, walked away and turned and it hit me. “What a beautiful car!”  It’s not perfect by any means. It’s in need of a respray, got a dent from a hit and run and holes from the bumper conversion need to be filled but still, the look, color, stance and style are all wonderful.  Makes me want to finish it that much more. Alpina front spoiler, re spray in Fjord Blue and some rust repair and the exterior is finished!

IMG_0919.jpg

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

I feel the same way about Vern. He's not perfect but he's perfect for me, I always turn to look at my cars as I walk away. Then feel very fortunate when I return and think to myself, man I love this car. No matter which one I'm driving.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

I like your car too. I'm also wrestling with the re-spray thing. Mines a nice 10-20 footer and as a daily driver it's good that way without worrying too much about a little rock ding here or there. It will be done one day but driving is the main goal now. Yours looks good now too and belt line trim is good.   

75 2002 polaris 2365430

88 325ix zinnoberrot

the florida car is coming together! i was wondering how far it had come along.

now that i've looked at it for a year, i wouldn't call it florida...it seems more manilla but it changes in different light so someone may see it as another color...

it's my new color creation....Enigma    

believe it or not, the only thing we've had time to do to the 74 in a year is move it around a few times to make room for other stuff...life's been hectic this past year for Steve & me, so the cars have been neglected...it sucks getting old

I'm the same way, and I'm sure most of us are.    I'm forever taking a parting look at my car.     It's definitely (a kind of) love, although I'd rather not have this discussion with my wife.    There's a limit to a person's hobby/car obsession, she'd think.    I'll keep it to myself.

Love the love emoticon: :wub:   It pretty much sums it up.

Edited by PaulTWinterton

73 Inka Tii #2762958