• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hella 'Super' 7" H4 headlight group buy ?

MoBrighta

• 3 weeks later...

My lights landed this week.  Took longer than I was comfortable with.. They look gorgeous out of the box.  

My only irritation with the deal is this guy's math, I had to correct him regarding a few small charges that he couldn't see I had already paid on his own damn invoice...and his 27$ for shipping from what turns out to be ONE state away from me..  He dropped it to 20$ when I brought it up.. but that is still gouging. I KNOW, I ship all over the states on a regular basis.

And his methods...a tad shady.  check out item #1. A screen shot excerpt from our email conversation. Notice my reference to Susquehanna and their pricing, which is on their site.. and then his response to that statement.. 

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-23%20at%207.12.3

and item #2, this...  notice the sender.

12421319_10153797816499568_1579217818_n.

I got my lights.  Its what I paid for.  What ever.  But I don't think I would do business with him again.  Just felt like a load of BS. From his pitch to his explanations..  Just say it.. "I need your money to work a deal.  It will take time.  Maybe I am using a connection through another (real) company to get it done and the product will be coming from them, not actually me. Oh, and I will be marking everything up, the lights, the shipping, so I make a few bucks off the deal. " 

Sour grapes.

Edited by eurotrash

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

It definitely took longer than I hoped for but I like what I got. Had I known how long it was going to take, I'd of ordered direct. Shipping may have been high but the bottom line price is what matters. I believe it was a good deal aside from taking so long. I don't think Andrew is getting rich on the deal and he was kind enough to answer my emails.

I had actually called and spoken to someone at Susquehanna in the past, and they had no idea when or if they would get them again.. so I figured this was the only way to score a set. Not mad, just an odd and shifty transaction.. 

Edited by eurotrash

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

• 8 months later...

UPDATE- More Supers Available

3 pairs, all with city light.

I will be going through the original order sheet with names of folks who wanted a pair last year but were too late, then opening this up to the forum.

And here is more good news - the importer found a source in Germany who apparently gets them from Hella across the street ( or nearby) and then ships them here, arriving in about 4 weeks!!!  This certainly beats the 12 - 22 weeks we had to wait for the last group buy.  This looks like a permanent improvement over the official Hella 'going through channels' connection they used last time.

More to come...

Andy

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Tail Light upgrades keep them off your tail, out of your trunk;
Headlight film keeps your 'eyes' from being scratched out or broken.

13 minutes ago, MildSeven said:

some interest here.

Some possibility that you can get the third set... the first two are spoken for.

Email me if you need more info, but don't dilly-dally, or they'll be GONE.

my email is in my sig, or use the forum private message utility, and let me know YOUR email so I can respond quickly and directly.

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back

9 minutes ago, Bmw200297 said:

How much total price incl shipping to anaheim ca

Total Price to Anaheim is the same as across town, using Priority Mail.

If you want JUST headlights, it's $199 a pair delivered with no lamps (H4 or city light), no wiring and no film.

Headlights WITH the above underlined items (the installation kit) is $292 delivered.

The thread should tell you about the lamps, XPel headlight protection film, and wiring harness I build for the city lights.

If you would like more details, email me immediately, the pair is going to the fellow who reserves and pays for them.

4 hours ago, MoBrighta said:

Some possibility that you can get the third set... the first two are spoken for.

Email me if you need more info, but don't dilly-dally, or they'll be GONE.

my email is in my sig, or use the forum private message utility, and let me know YOUR email so I can respond quickly and directly.

ok, I'll wait for a future order... in no rush :). thanks

picked up what i thought was a sound Verona Red '76

The Refresh Blog: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/155-76-verona-red-refresh/

Id still like a set with the city lights, bulbs you suggested and install and lenses protection kits if and when you get them

thanks

mikekatsoris@gmail.com

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Mike-

You were on the August 2015 wait list, and should get a pair, since it's been over a year...  I'll put you on the list.

The good news- I was told the wait time for a group buy is down to FOUR WEEKS (from 12-16 weeks last year).

So don't fret, if you can wait a month more should be here.  I understand another order for these lights has already gone in.

GONE- GONE - GONE

All sets spoken for, I am taking names for the wait list.

Remember, only the lights with city light or front position lamp (a small running light below the main bulb)

are available at this time.  For this option delete,  you simply don't put that bulb or wiring to it.

Main bulb is a plug-in H4 style that fits the stock harness connector.  No-Brainer.

Standard lamps are available from anywhere in the world, basically.  High output lamps that use standard

watts are available from me, but beware of high wattage lamps that may toast the connectors, wiring, blow fuses,

or cause other issues. 

Installation kit includes lamps, headlight protection film and wiring for city light (if desired).

Next order of these babies should arrive in less than a month; I'll know more later.

• 1 year later...