• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hella 'Super' 7" H4 headlight group buy ?

MoBrighta

Oy, Vey!   I guess I could have simply kept my mouth shut, waited to see what the heck shows up.

(and Don too) So what does that mean for us who ordered lights without city lights and all you get are lights with city lights ?

You're getting Hella Supers, but unless you install the 'special bulb' and run power and ground wires to it, you will have no city lights.  (thanks for keeping a level head, ray_).

Just because there is a provision for city lights does not mean you have to run them.

So right, David.  As far as I know, lights WITHOUT have no provision for city light operation, lights WITH do, so you have a choice. Choices are good, right?  Whatever you want, you get. 

Currently, plan b is what I describe above; that is, ordering Hella to fill the order with whatever version of the 'Super' they have in their inventory, and demanding they air freight the order at their own expense.  They seemed agreeable to this, so I'm going to stick with plan b. The demand also asked for the lower (no city light) price, so think of it as a free bonus at Hella's expense.

Plan c will be developed in the event they don't come through with plan b.  Taking suggestions for plan d.

And a word of thanks for the graphics from ray_ and AceAndrew designed to keep things in perspective.  (I can hear Craig's "I KNOW!!!")

I will not let that Ike ad put an earworm in my head; I have a German Renaissance Polyphony concert to perform on Sunday. 

If anyone needs it, I'll get you the name and address of Hella's president in Germany.  Good luck with him!  ;)   I think maybe we'd have to order more than $4500 worth of lights per year before he'd listen, don't you think?

Now if everyone's happy, I am going to make myself some lunch.  And thanks for your support, everyone!

Andy

Edited by MoBrighta

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Tail Light upgrades keep them off your tail, out of your trunk;
Headlight film keeps your 'eyes' from being scratched out or broken.

Andy,

Thank you for the update !!  Plan B sounds more than reasonable to me.

Really do appreciate all your hard work.

Ken 

PS What was for lunch ? :)

1975 non-purist driver M42 Turbo, Hurricane a/c, and all sorts of cool stuff

1976 2002 sold, 1970 2002 sold, 1969 1600 sold

Ziti Rigate with home-made marinara, from Italian plum tomatoes, with a little grated Pecorino Romano cheese on top of it.

Yes, I am Italian, and loved every bite!

Of course, I made myself a nice chocolate malt afterwards, to ground myself in the USA.  YUM!

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back

Ziti Rigate with home-made marinara, from Italian plum tomatoes, with a little grated Pecorino Romano cheese on top of it.

Yes, I am Italian, and loved every bite!

Of course, I made myself a nice chocolate malt afterwards, to ground myself in the USA.  YUM!

DOP San Marzano?

;-)

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

DOP San Marzano?

;-)

Well, not exactly DOP -- They are Italian plum tomatoes in puree, "Prodotto nello stabilimento di Via Nuova 81, San Marzano, 84018 Scafati, IT.

Must be next door to the certified fields... or we hope they are.  We get the big 2.5 Kilo cans, Food Service style, so we don't have to open five cans for a batch.  Just two of the big honkers.  And Grandma Nona's recipe.  Wish I could send you a taste...

Well, not exactly DOP -- They are Italian plum tomatoes in puree, "Prodotto nello stabilimento di Via Nuova 81, San Marzano, 84018 Scafati, IT.

Must be next door to the certified fields... or we hope they are.  We get the big 2.5 Kilo cans, Food Service style, so we don't have to open five cans for a batch.  Just two of the big honkers.  And Grandma Nona's recipe.  Wish I could send you a taste...

Free sauce with every order!

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

Like you don't have my address...

:D:P

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

So the most important topic here is lunch ? Seriously?

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

Gotta have lights fo dinner.

D

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

OT Story:

At Costco (in Canada) they have cans that read "San Marzano" they're actually "La San Marzano Brand" tomatoes. Cashing in on the fame/name... found an image for ref. It's more obvious when looking at the photo online than walking by in a grocery store.

IMG_3123.jpg

Edited by MildSeven

picked up what i thought was a sound Verona Red '76

The Refresh Blog: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/155-76-verona-red-refresh/

NEWS FLASH - Customs has released the lights!

They will begin shipping Monday.  I've heard from all but two of you as far as final payment (basically the shipping cost).

Everyone else, watch your porch for a package or two.

Andy