• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I GOT Ripped Off by Mike Honari in Las Vegas!!

Does anyone know Mohammad Honari aka Mike Honari in Las Vegas? Allegedly an expert in building custom 2002's. He sells on Ebay. I purchased a custom 2002 that he was building from the ground up. I wired him 4700 dollars and he recently asked for the 2nd payment. Chase would not allow the 2nd wire to go through. He was informed and I have not heard from him again. He stole 4700 and is a part of this community. Please help, I am besides myself. 

i'm still amazed that anyone would send that much money to someone they never met face to face....sometimes it's just too easy for the scammers to make a good living

if you bought it through ebay, did you file a claim...or didn't you buy thru ebay...?

i seldom say this but where it involves that much money...you're the cause of everything that happens to you...be careful what you cause

• Like 1

I think I met this guy at a Euro Sunday gathering in Las Vegas a couple years ago.  He had a really nice black 2002 on display and we talked for quite a while.  He comes across as a very nice guy, I would've never guessed that he was a problem.  Maybe it started out good and then got too far under...

There's a special place in Hell for these scummy bastards.

Naive me; I always like to think of our 2002 group as a trusting, close-knit group of caring individuaIs.  But then reality like this strikes. 

I trust you're in the process of getting the proper authorities involved so they can track him down, and hopefully, get your $ back.

-Bob

-Bob
(current: 1972 Malaga 2002, VIN 2584644, build date July 26, 1972)

Previous: 1973 Sahara 2002 #2585896 (RIP), 1969 1600, 1971 2002, 1964 Triumph Herald convertible, 1965 Triumph Herald convertible, 1961 Triumph TR3A, 1967 Triumph TR4A-irs, 1959 Austin Healey 100/6, and about 10 other cars (most of which were quite boring)...

I'm pretty wary of any "resto-mod" guys that have had to resort to ebay in order to sell their cars.  I wouldn't say this guy is a member of our community here though, at least I don't think he's ever participated in a conversation I'm aware of.  Quality shops have been named pretty thoroughly on here.

Sorry to hear about your issue though,  really really blows.

I'd have already been on a plane...

Nah, not a plane.  Can't carry weapons on a plane.  Just sayin...

• Like 1

74 Amazonas tii, Bill Holman built, dual throttle bodies, Shrick 304, Stahl header, five speed, big brakes, H&R springs, Bilsteins, E30 BBS wheels.