• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 Beauty Shots

bluebmw

As with most manufacturers, It took bmw almost two decades for its designers fo come up with a chassis to meet those early crashworthiness directives from the USHSA without the vestigial bumper hanging off the ends. The  Federal rulemaking cycle is a lot shorter than bringing to market an entirely new design to make bumpers disappear. To me the 02 looks it’s best with no bumpers at all (no air dam please). That may be true of many cars of that era. Bumpers were just a necessary evil from a design point of view. As necessary as they were though you gotta say the “tea trays” were a bit much for this lovable little box.

Edited by Mike A

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

^^^That stance is right out of the showroom floor...nice car and very nice photo

• Like 2

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

6 hours ago, javi_gutierrez said:

Today I took the car and the camera out for a drive and shot this in a parking garage. New profile pic for the win!

DSC_9072.jpg

Beautiful photo. You really captured nostalgia. Like a factory photo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I commissioned Steve Petrosky to do a print of my racer. Here's the result. Visit his web site at:

http://www.driversroad.com

WALKER-2002-BB.thumb.jpg.10c5b500cd4072a06bad256b7377fa07.jpg

• Like 11

1971 NSU 1200 TT           http://www.msportvintage.com                 

1990 E30 M3 1/60 JTCC Racer 1972 HPK 2002 Racer

1975 GS Tuning 2002      1965 BMW 1800TiSA- #193

1971 BMW 2002                1973 BMW CSL      

Recently got some new wheels from a very kind fellow FAQer.  Cosmic Mk1s.  Really digging them!

I also went out for a drive up around Malibu a couple weekends ago and photographer Victory Jon was out there shooting.  He snapped a few nice ones of me, so I couldn't help but pick up a copy from him.  http://highwayphotos.net/

IMG_20200229_142037_CC_02.jpg

BBH_1641_CC_02_sm.jpg

BBH_1642_CC_02_sm.jpg

• Like 12

22 hours ago, toddfx said:

IMG_20200229_142037_CC_02.jpg

Love those Cosmic Mk1's.  They look excellent on your 02! 
My Verona '73 sat on a set of those when I purchased her way back in '92.  Annoyingly, I made the stupid mistake of selling a whole lock-up of 02 parts as a one-job-lot, and not realising that my Cosmic's were at the very back of the lock-up.  Tried to buy them back later, but no joy...

• Like 2

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

On 4/6/2020 at 11:44 PM, OldBlue2002 said:

87A7BA4D-63E3-4089-9C47-889B1BCBED73.jpeg

AIRBORNE!!