• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tires And Wheel/rims Fitment Guide

Gordon

check the bolt seats on those centras. I have a set for the track for my 2002 (a few posts above) and they are ball seats not the normal conical lug bolts/lug nuts. I am running studs and sourced some ball seat lug nuts from  Bildon.com

M12SPH.jpg

DB,

Thanks for the heads up regarding the lug nuts.  I will definitely make sure that I order the proper lug nuts for my old school Centra Wheels.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Just saw a few 205/60r 13's on Tirerack.  I was extremely excited.  Then I realized they were ~$145 a pop and only had a tread rating of *100*.  Wow!   :o   While I would have very good traction, these things would be bald in a matter of days! LOL

Just good info for those who are looking for a pseudo meaty 13" performance tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=205%2F&ratio=60&diameter=13

Tim

Happy to be here folks....

Stable:

2012 Jeep MW3

1970 Ford Mustang

1969 BMW 1600-2

Just saw a few 205/60r 13's on Tirerack. I was extremely excited. Then I realized they were ~$145 a pop and only had a tread rating of *100*. Wow! :o While I would have very good traction, these things would be bald in a matter of days! LOL

Just good info for those who are looking for a pseudo meaty 13" performance tire.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=205%2F&ratio=60&diameter=13

Hoosiers and proxies are road legal race tires. The hoosiers are basically slicks. They are basically around for the vintage racing crowd. Most suspensions, and the law, and sanity would prevent you from getting the most out of them on the street. Getting them up to temp would be tough too.

Get a set of 14x6 e30 bottlecaps, and falken 195/60/14 615ks. Good price, better wear raiting than the above tires, and quick to get up to temp. They are my choice for track and weekend back road fun.

1973 2002Tii (Pacific Blue)

1984 911 3.2 Carrera (Platnum Metallic)

2009 328xi (Black Sapphire Metallic)

2010 Mazda Speed3 (Black Metallic)

They are basically around for the vintage racing crowd.

not really.....that size is very common in SCCA ITB class which includes 2002's and a number of other cars with same size wheels.  the cars are older, but it is not vintage racing.... ;)  

2xM3

not really.....that size is very common in SCCA ITB class which includes 2002's and a number of other cars with same size wheels.  the cars are older, but it is not vintage racing.... ;)

Lol, i was tslking about the age of the drivers... ;-)

1973 2002Tii (Pacific Blue)

1984 911 3.2 Carrera (Platnum Metallic)

2009 328xi (Black Sapphire Metallic)

2010 Mazda Speed3 (Black Metallic)

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2014 at 11:47 PM, fqncrsp said:

Hello I'm new to this and just got a 2002. I saw some 3sdm wheels that I liked. My question is what mods if any would I need for a 16x8 with et 25. If it was answered sorry I couldn't find it. Thanks :)

You've found a good thread for this subject but you'll have to read it. There's also an ungodly-long thread on stance that might help: search Forums on "stance thread" or something similar.

Likely short answer: you'll need flares, possibly spacers and longer lug studs.

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

You've found a good thread for this subject but you'll have to read it. There's also an ungodly-long thread on stance that might help: search Forums on "stance thread" or something similar.

Steve

You've found a good thread for this subject but you'll have to read it. There's also an ungodly-long thread on stance that might help: search Forums on

"stance thread" or something similar.

Steve

Thank you very much! Will search that

You've found a good thread for this subject but you'll have to read it. There's also an ungodly-long thread on stance that might help: search Forums on

"stance thread" or something similar.

Steve

Thank you very much! Will search that

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone,

After reading through this and several other wheel fitment threads, I'm still wondering how much clearance is the minimum for safe street driving. I just drove my '02 for the first time yesterday with the 14x6.5 e30 bbs basketweaves installed, it clears with the car in the air but with the car on the ground, a clip on wheel weight is just barely contacting one of the hard brake lines on one side only.

Based on the ie wheel fitment guide, I need roughly 0.4 inch spacers to go from 4.93 to ~4.5 inches of backspacing for ideal fitment but I'd like to measure and see if I can get away with a bit less to avoid creating a fender clearance issue. I'm just not sure how much clearance to give myself. Hoping I can get away with one of the ie 'thin' spacer options and original wheel studs (need to check how many turns I have now on the studs and if I'll still have 8 turns/6mm left with spacers).

Wheel bearings don't have any play, ball joints and tie rods are new, bilsteain sport strus and bav auto springs are freshly installed, too.

Thanks for reading.

Brent

1974 2002 - Megasquirt and turbo

2018 BMW M2/ 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel

Just a thought, but why don't you massage the hard brake line away from the wheel?

Definitely plan to do that. I also plan to get the wheels re-balanced with stick on weights instead of the clip on ones currently on the inner wheel lip. That only gets me a few millimeters of clearance when the car is just sitting. I'm guessing I need some additional clearance for cornering or other loads on the front suspension so it can flex a bit. I just don't know how much to give myself.

All that said, I've seen a couple mentions of 1/4" spacers working well with this wheel, so I think I'll just bite the bullet and order spacers and studs from IE rather than try to get away with less.

Brent

• 1 year later...

I've got a question on the topic... I'm sitting at work at the moment and don't have a ton of time to be researching. Does anybody know the depth of the lips on a BBS RS001 ET25? I'm thinking of refreshing mine, but only re-doing the lip and hardware, and sell the original lips. as they're perfectly good, just not shiny and polished and pretty like I want. 

Thoughts? Thanks!

-J

4 hours ago, 2002Scoob said:

I've got a question on the topic... I'm sitting at work at the moment and don't have a ton of time to be researching. Does anybody know the depth of the lips on a BBS RS001 ET25? I'm thinking of refreshing mine, but only re-doing the lip and hardware, and sell the original lips. as they're perfectly good, just not shiny and polished and pretty like I want. 

Thoughts? Thanks!

-J

RS001 Lips are 1", barrels are 5.5", center adds 0.5", for a total of 7".

If your wheels have never been apart, be sure to hit all the nuts with penetrating oil over an extended period so it has plenty of time to work. The brake dust, heat, corrosion, and whatever locktite they used during the original assembly will make some of them extremely stubborn.

I took one apart over the winter to replace a cracked barrel. Lots of bolts, but it's a pretty straightforward process. Good luck and take some photos to share along the way. 

Brent

Thanks! 

I'll definitely do some sharing, but this will likely be a a while down the road. I hope to get some more miles outa the tires I have on there now, but I need new ones soon. They're 205 Continentals that rub slightly in the front under heavy cornering. The plan is go go with Federal RSR 195's instead. Likely just as wide (or wider, I also have these on my Subaru, but much much fatter, and they run a good CM wider across the tread than typical), but I have a fender roller, and they're excellent cheap tires.