• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Place For Window Seals?

Robotin

checked IE, blunt, pelican, autohaus, but it seems that you can use the generic window seal as long as it has the center plug in..

where do most of you guys buy your seals? 

i want to seal every window.

has anyone ever tried that generic stuff you can buy from PepBoys?

I am unfamiliar with exactly what you are looking at using from Pep Boys, but the window seals are all very specific.  If generic stuff worked well, all the auto manufacturers would use it instead of spending money on new molds, etc.

1975 BMW 2002 Fjord

You asked for the "best" so my answer is... Your local BMW Dealer. They have the best window seals for your '02 bar none. =^P

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

When you say "window seals" presume you mean the seals for windshield and rear window.  While a few folks haven't had problems with the URO brand seals, my local glass shop went through four (and one broken windshield) trying to replace a broken windshield on my '73.  I had told 'em when I dropped off the car to use a factory seal; the aftermarket ones didn't fit properly.They were using generic (made in Thailand) seals that simply wouldn't fit.  After four days of trying they were embarrassed that a two hour job had tied up my car for four days.   I gave 'em Max's phone number and suggested they have Max overnight the correct, factory seal.  The following afternoon the shop manager called me to say my car was ready..."I should have listened to you on Monday!" 

Nuff said

mike

PS--the quarter window seals are (I think) dealer only items...get 'em from Blunt

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Are factory door seals available again? Last time I tried from blunt they were NLA

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Hi there

I'm one of those that believe you get what you pay for.  Of course there are good aftermarket parts!  However, in this case I suggest using OEM.  I chose to replace EVERY window and door seal with OEM and I am very happy I did.   I had absolutely no issues with installation, fit, and their performance is 'like new' (easy door closing, all seal, no whistling).

$0.02

Regards

'73 Bavaria, '80 Land Rover Series 2a, '71 2002, '69 2002, '74 3.0s

Most of the parts I get from my local dealer are priced competitively, I pay no shipping, and they arrive sooner.  Certain things like starters, etc, where you can send back the "core" I like to use Blunt, IE, Bav Auto, etc.  

My door/side window seals I got from the dealer.

Just ordered windshield gasket/ rubber from local dealer and should be in on Wed.

This is one job that you don't want to cut corners ($$$$$), because re insal due to leaks, etc could be high risk. Every time you tackle windshield job there is risk of breaking that glass

76 2002 Sienabraun

2015 BMW F10

Are factory door seals available again? Last time I tried from blunt they were NLA

Door seals are redesigned and avail again. They are very nice also

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• 8 months later...