• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the weirdest thing you have found in your car?

Cyclone101

It's strange that the wrench would rust so much more than the surroundings. Not even a stain on the surface it rests on.

No amount of skill or education will ever replace dumb luck
1971 2002 (much modified rocket),  1987 635CSI (beauty),  

2000 323i,  1996 Silverado Pickup (very useful)

Too many cars.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weirdest thing I found in an '02 was in the driver's side frame rail of a '71 1600 I had in Dayton, Ohio. There was a quarter-sized rust spot on the low point of the frame rail. I poked it with my finger, which went right through the rust spot. As I peeled back more rusty metal, a couple dozen old partially-composted acorns fell out of the frame rail. Some squirrel had lost his winter's food stash in there.

Jerry

no bimmer, for now

when i restored my 74' Automatic, i found the original keys burried deep under the driver side carpet.

I managed to remove the rust on them and used them up until last week when i broke the ignition key...doh !!

I also found a rodent in the rear wheel well. It is pictured in my resto blog...

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

My wife's 2004 X3 came from the factory with a home made 'techno mix' CD in the player.

Vern has a sticker from a bluegrass festival on his driver side vent window from 1975. $1.13 from various crevices. A parking garage ticket stub from 1973, and numerous golf Ts and little pencils in the trunk.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Haha, the thing people put in these cars!

Oh, I measured the inside diameter and it was just over 12mm, from wall deterioration you can see that the metal expands as it cracks. So I would call 13mm an educated guess.

It's strange that the wrench would rust so much more than the surroundings. Not even a stain on the surface it rests on.

The rust rate bummed me aswell, but there wouldn't be a stain as I cleaned the frame rail with a wire brush and the ratchet was loose in there, so must have slid around. I placed the ratchet back in there later to show its position.

Keep 'em coming, this thread is interesting!

Regards

Jacques

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...

My wife's 2004 X3 came from the factory with a home made 'techno mix' CD in the player.

Vern has a sticker from a bluegrass festival on his driver side vent window from 1975. $1.13 from various crevices. A parking garage ticket stub from 1973, and numerous golf Ts and little pencils in the trunk.

My 2002 had 49 golf T's hidden all around it. What gives?

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

Not as good as what you guys found, but I found 3 Snap-On screwdrivers and a Snap-On combination wrench in the trunk of a MB 240D I bought for $2800.

Still have the tools, not the car! :)

1970 Nevada 2002 Survivor

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii