• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there no shame...??

02for2

WOW!!! REAL Radial Tires??? Really???

And it has those 'radial tires' to give it the 'handling prowess' that BMW's are famous for???

Ummm, news flash, idiot-seller-boy. Radial tires are pretty much standard these days.

And they couldn't even CLEAN the engine bay??? (much less run a rattle can of black over it)

Don't even get me started on that ass-end bodywork. There's a guy on here who shaved his rear bumper and HE actually did a decent job. These guys did something weird with the entire lower rear end. Looks like an 02 with a full diaper.

Have fun. Can't wait to hear everyone's--ahem-- critiques?

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

1975 Millie the Falcon (Originally Polaris, currently Primer-Grey/Spa-Blue)

1975 Eamon the Golden Nugget (Originally Golf, currently several other yellows, someday Dakar)

YIKES!!!~~~~ r u n !!!!!!!

AND I SPY original motocross front strut spacers!!

!Bl3-d8Q!Wk~$(KGrHqUH-D8EtYz6hy5mBLdbUlrO,g~~_12.JPG

..i guess they couldn't open the hood while the paint

gun was running ???? why are those hoses tied

in a knot next to the air cleaner?

ad states:

A/C,Seatbelts,Aluminum/Alloy Wheels,Radial Tires,Leather Interior,AM/FM Radio,CD Player

SELLER REMARKS:

1974 this BMW 2002 rolled into the world. This black beauty has shaved front and rear bumpers for the ultra slick look and fresh paint. Under the hood is a 2.0L I4 with a 4 speed manual transmission. The interior is custom with black and blue seats with black interior. Inside is AC, leather seats and AM/FM/CD radio to keep this comfy. Rota wheels and radial tires to give this BMW the handling prowess they are known for. For more details on this vehicle or to inquire about financing please call us at 704-598-2130 or e-mail sales@streetsideclassics.com.

thank god it shaved for the photo shoot!

wow, and those front & rear window seals!

too bad that custum interior will take a soaking soon

Oh well.

216_V2010011411005526.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

A whole fck'n can of armor all and not even a wet towel to wipe the crap off the engine bay. I like the way they make it sound like a unique auto conversion. High end ad for a incompleate car.

75 2002: weber, ANSA, lowered, 14" wheels, new engine, new suspension, rust free & square.

"Under the hood is a 2.0L I4 with a 4-speed manual transmission."

Wow. Now I see why this particular one is worth $15k.

I especially like the "shaved front and rear bumpers for that ultra-slick look," which of course is not to be confused with simply leaving trim off the car and filling in the holes.

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

I hope the car sells for the full asking price. The discriminating buyer that recognizes $15k+ of value in this fine automobile will certainly be able to identify the performance- and value-enhancing qualities that curb rash, surface rust and a Jackson Pollock-inspired respray have added to my set of original steelies; wheels that I needn't remind anyone here, lent the car its original handling characteristics for which it is now famous.

If any of you connoisseurs here on the FAQ are interested, I might be willing to part with the set (as to separate the set would be preposterous)--including a new set of RADIAL TIRES--for the paltry sum of $1500. That's only $300 each! Due to the delicate and fragile nature of these antique beauties, I would strongly recommend that the buyer or the buyer's representative arrange to pick these up in person rather than risk damage in shipping. Serious inquiries, and by appointment only.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

And whats up with those front wheels/ tires? Is he trying to build a mud bogger or what? The offset is WAYYY off in the front, it looks like the tires are far too large and would probably rub, and yet the rears look fine.

Hate to see an insult to the 02 community such as this. I agree, this is probably a cheepo maaco paint job to dress up a crappy car. Why oh why.

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

I think the wording in the description indicates it's not a private seller but rather a used car lot. They should be able to get $3K, depending on exam for rust and test drive of mechanicals.

Bob Napier

Hey Bob;

first time I saw your cars together, nice couples(s)![/img]

It is a dealer and consignor. The dealership used to be half of a dealership based out of Fairmont City, Il dba Gateway Classic Cars. It was run by two mid-eastern fellows - one ran the Il shop while the other ran the shop in Charlotte - also Gateway Classic Cars. Strangely, everything was in their wives names. When they started, they specialized in American Muscle primarily and got in the ocaisional foreign car. These guys are really carnie and would do a quick tuneup and slap the cars with fresh paint and try to pawn them off as rare classics.

I actually bought a car from Gateway Classics back in '04 - a '99 Boxster which was there on consignment. I had the car checked thoroughly by the best Porsche mechanic in St. Louis (a personal friend) who reported back that it was the genuine article, mileage correct - 8k mi. and then by a paperwork search through the local Porsche Dealership.

The seller was asking about $5k below market value and I was able to beat that down another $5k over a 2 week period picking up the car for just over $15 (the Bank said it had a collateral value of $36k). I had the oil changed, flew into St. Louis, took the train across the river where Sal Akbani (one of the dealership owners) picked me up and we went to the dealership.

Most of the cars there were POS especially when compared to the price they were asking. My Boxster was basically perfect as I had been told, but it would not start.

Sal told me another interested buyer had come forth and we needed to get the deal done. I told him I wasn't buying anything without starting and driving it and that if they wanted to sell me the car, I wanted a new battery installed. We drove to a NAPA where Sal bought the battery and we went back and installed it. The car started right away and drove beautifully. I completed the deal and drove the car back to Minneapolis without incident. That car was a true 99 point car and has given me 5 yrs. of trouble-free ownership with mileage now at 27K.

Since that time, I've gotten several emails from Sal Akbani alerting me to some special or rare cars they had gotten in - none of them were rare or special. Sal and his partner split in what I was told were some shady dealings and the partner got the NC shop while Sal kept the one in fairmont city.

All your alarm bells should be going off when dealing with these guys, and only if you can quiet all those bells one-by-one should you ever consider doing business with them. I had my car checked over twice and then a third time by me, ready to take the next flight out of St. Louis if I got the slightest hint of something funny. I didn't and as I said, the car has exceeded my expectations.

Like the proverbial Blind Squirrel, they have had a few decent cars pass through their hands - usually on consignment. But that is rare for these guys... most of what they sell is on par with this '02. If considering them, you should have Orson Wells playing in a loop on your iPod saying over and over "Caveat Emptor... Caveat Emptor... Caveat Emptor"

Cheers!

post-17544-13667622041717_thumb.jpg

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet