• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there no shame...??

02for2

why are those hoses tied

in a knot next to the air cleaner?

oooh, I know this one- it's a crossover pipe! They give you more torque!

heh

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Guest Anonymous

So you love the car, the dealer gave you a fantastic deal, and then you go out and bash them? Sounds like you need to get some facts before making these kind of comments.

So you love the car, the dealer gave you a fantastic deal, and then you go out and bash them? Sounds like you need to get some facts before making these kind of comments.

What's your deal? I simply urge people to use caution when dealing with this business based on my experience and exposure to them.

Maybe you didn't read my comments. The car I got was on consignment, not their car. The deal I got was through the car's owner, not the dealership - my negotiations were passed on to the owner who then agreed to my price. Later contact with the owner, after the sale to return some personal items found in it, revealed a financial crisis which necessitated selling the car quickly even if that meant taking a bath in the process. The reason I pressed so hard in negotiating was that the car was being sold through such a dubious independent dealer - my risk was higher and so I needed to offset that by paying a lower price. At any time, the seller was free to reject my offer, but in fact she was pleased that I bought it.

So far as getting facts, the pics and the listing, with all it's verbal embellishments, pretty much speak for themselves. And if you think that I'm wrong and this car is special and is worth $15k, then I guess that speaks for itself too.

I do not recommend this dealership to people, even though the occasional quality car does pass through their hands. For the record, I never once stated that people should not buy a car from them, only that thoroughness and caution should rule the day. And I'm not the only one. The BBB lists several unresolved complaints about this business and rates them a B-.

I have a LOT of experience shopping for cars and getting good ones. I have owned 40+ 'fun' cars in my time and rejected 10 times that number. This experience was what gave me the confidence to buy the car I did from them - but there was no other car on their showroom floor that day I would have even considered.

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

This is a tough one to call, the tin work looks good no panels waving at you, and black paint is the easiest to spot bad body work from.

But the lack of "detail" in the color change under the hood and the tow loop on the spare tire well looks like no attention was paid to anything but the surface.

It just reeks of used car lot, "a little putty, a little paint makes em' look like they aint"

"If you can't trust your car dealer, who can you trust"

Dick Balch 1970

Nope,

I didn't get it. I don't think it sold.

They turned down an offer of 10k! I find that hard to believe!

They might have sold it locally, id not they will re-post it.

Arden

http://ardens-2002tii.blogspot.com/

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

76 Trans Am, Sterling Silver

96 Volvo 850, Daily Beater

Parts Cars: 73 2002 Malaga, 74 2002 tii Granatrot & 76 2002 Verona