• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Body work and paint and wheel caps by the end of summer. Had to work on the mechanicals.

Wheel Size: 15x6 OZ

Wheel Offset: et12

Tyre Size: 195/50-15 Kumho Ecsta AST

Spring/Shock/Camber: Front - height adjustable coil overs 275lb springs/shortend struts with Rabbit Bilstein Sports/camber plates -3 degrees, Offset roll center plates (from Rick74)

Rear - 5" 275lb springs on height adjusters/Bilstein Sports/adjustable camber/toe: -1 degree camber/-1/16" toe

Rolled fenders front and back

Pic:

_____

post-15625-13667605220706_thumb.jpg

post-15625-13667605221905_thumb.jpg

BBS RS

15X7 ET25

205/50/15

Bills all around

eibach springs

Miller & Norburn fixed camber plates

post-1760-13667605223079_thumb.jpg

post-1760-13667605223994_thumb.jpg

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

for now..

Eibach 1.5 in drop. Stock pads

Bottle caps

Mich. 195/60/14

I originally had the lower back pads out with clear tubing on the springs, but the rear was too low compared to the front. so I pulled the tubing and reinstalled the lower pads.

After reading this thread, I need input on possibly cutting the front springs one turn so I can return to the lower stance. -- I loved the back when the pads were out.

I have Cris's RBs coming with the 195/50/15 SDrives and would love the front to come down more...

Photobucket

Update! (Whats wrong with this picture?!)

f8bd7119.jpg

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Great thread.

My car on Spax adjustable shocks and springs. Rear looks great, however I think the front is too high. Rides brilliantly.

Wheels are 13" minilite reps, I forget the tyre size right now but there's no rubbing.

post-385-13667605348354_thumb.jpg

'73 tii arancio borealis - finished?!

'74 lux fjord - gone :(

'73 3.0csi polaris

Great thread.

My car on Spax adjustable shocks and springs. Rear looks great, however I think the front is too high. Rides brilliantly.

Wheels are 13" minilite reps, I forget the tyre size right now but there's no rubbing.

Awesome!

How about some pics of the coupe in the garage.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

• 7 months later...

Hey There, nice clean car. I have a 72 02tii and am very torn between wheel size. Wondering if u can help? I am thinking of 15x6 or 15x7 and 16x6 or 16x7 Alpina replicas. I see u do some track racing with it, i would be mainly using it for street. What would u recommend? Any help would be great.. Thanks Steven

72tii Baikal

Anything bigger than 15x7 et 25-ish on a stock body is dumb. Granted it's a bit eye of the beholder, but seriously, keep it period cool. It looks chump otherwise. One can't pull off the same things as with a domestic muscle

car in a 2002. It's all about period correct looking upgrades. Otherwise, buy an e30 or newer.

(O=o00o=O)

It looks chump otherwise. One can't pull off the same things as with a domestic muscle

car in a 2002. It's all about period correct looking upgrades.

Wow! Having spoken with you when you and your wife purchased the wheels(RB's) from me, I would've never penned you as such a closed minded enthusiast.

And calling one a "chump" just because they like a certain look is beyond me. You don't even know me.

Cris

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

It looks chump otherwise. One can't pull off the same things as with a domestic muscle

car in a 2002. It's all about period correct looking upgrades.

Wow! Having spoken with you when you and your wife purchased the wheels(RB's) from me, I would've never penned you as such a closed minded enthusiast.

And calling one a "chump" just because they like a certain look is beyond me. You don't even know me.

Cris

Whoh! eeeeeasy. That wasn't aimed at anyone in particular.. Besides, "Looks chump" and "you're a chump" are two different statements. I would never spit that out maliciously! Close minded nay! You're the wheel guy Chris, you know perfectly well that done wrong, big wheel/tire look just plain aweful. Like that recent ebay ad for the nice early sahara car in Ohio.. wish I had saved a pic.. Ahhh well. Fkn A, Sorry I said anything.

Love the wheels thanks.

(O=o00o=O)

Started off with H&R progressive springs, but I wasn't happy with the stance of the front end - too high. Went to IE adjustable coil overs in the front, had the strut tubes bent for more negative camber, plus added fixed negative camber plates.

Running Bilstein sports all the way around. All urethane bushings, IE adjustable sway bars, strut brace.

Wheel tire combo is Kosei 15x7 K1's with Yokohama AVS ES100 195/50/15 tires. I think the wheels and tires are both NLA now :( Had to roll the rear fenders to prevent rubbing. The only rubbing I get now is in the front if there is another person in the car and I turn in to a parking lot or something.

The car handles like a dream. Very responsive and controlled. The ride quality is firm, but not harsh.

post-14641-13667617414631_thumb.jpg

Brian

'72 2002

'91 325i

Started off with H&R progressive springs, but I wasn't happy with the stance of the front end - too high. Went to IE adjustable coil overs in the front, had the strut tubes bent for more negative camber, plus added fixed negative camber plates.

Running Bilstein sports all the way around. All urethane bushings, IE adjustable sway bars, strut brace.

Wheel tire combo is Kosei 15x7 K1's with Yokohama AVS ES100 195/50/15 tires. I think the wheels and tires are both NLA now :( Had to roll the rear fenders to prevent rubbing. The only rubbing I get now is in the front if there is another person in the car and I turn in to a parking lot or something.

The car handles like a dream. Very responsive and controlled. The ride quality is firm, but not harsh.

What's the spring rate Ireland has you running in the front there?

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20