• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting use to life without my 02...

ibjettin

How long will it take...

Today I met with Ian, the new owner of my '72tii and handed over the keys. I was sad to see it drive off but also happy to see that someone was just as excited as me about the car. I know he already has plans for it and will take it further than I would be able to do right now. It's been a lot of fun and a great project and I know I'll miss having it.

I appreciate all the help members of the board have provided me over the past 2 years and I hope that I will be able to maintain all the friendships I have made. I'll be back, these cars are too much fun!!

Happy 02ing! And best of luck to Ian ;)

DSC02661.jpg

It always hurts to let them go, especially after you have built them up to your tastes like you did. Hope you are able to get another one soon.

Just because you're 02less at the moment doesn't mean that you can't continue contributing here on the board. We need more great guys like you here!

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

I appreciate all the help members of the board have provided me over the past 2 years and I hope that I will be able to maintain all the friendships I have made. I'll be back

Please don't leave, Ibejettin. I have too much fun poking fun with (at?) you.

Check out the post I just made in the "Cars" forum - might be a good one to investigate. Not mine, but if it's true that it was "restored by Korman," it might be worth at least making a call and checking.

PS - This post was SFW (safe for work).

Your loss is our gain, Ibjettin. Ian lives in Dayton and we are excited over your '02 becoming his '02. We need a bit of GOLF in the MW '02 lineup. We have been heavy on Sahara (3 of them) around here. Get another one when the '02 withdrawal becomes too painful.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

OH Brian,

I know you will find that special O2 maybe sooner than you think.

Jb

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

car--it'll give us an excuse to have an '02 gathering to welcome the latest west coast transplant.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Thanks for all your replies ;) I'm glad to know there's also a solid network of 02ers in Dayton. It's the same here in San Jose.

I can already see the habits I formed with this car, like searching craigslist and Ebay daily for parts and cars. Or reading over the FAQ. It's nice to know I can still bug you all though.

I'll get into one soon, maybe a squarie. ;)

Z-is that the one you drove to the Bay Area show last year??

Thanks again!

Brian,

That was a sweet ride, although there are so many potential projects or really nice completed cars, particularly in Cali. I'm glad I got to see it in person in Brisbane, if I wasn't ass deep in cars right now it would have immediately headed 300 miles south. Thanks again on the logo work, talk to you soon.

Jeff

Stay tuned for more of SoCal Vintage BMW
http://www.SoCalVintageBMW.com
BMW CCA Member #423513

Thanks again!

heh no way man.. thats my tii!!!

A few years ago I rescued this 1970 from a field and ran it for a summer:

70_sahara_z_001.jpg

I'd be a fun ride back south!! I think all we need to do is get a fresh battery and bang on the starter.. but it did get pretty wet during the big storm. It leaks a LOT and I had it covered but the 120 mph winds blew off the cover nad it got about 8 inches of water inside.

but it didn't drain out so the floor pans are solid!

best of luck to you man.. i'm sure you'll 'happen' to acquire a new ride eventually

Thanks again!

heh no way man.. thats my tii!!!

A few years ago I rescued this 1970 from a field and ran it for a summer:

70_sahara_z_001.jpg

I'd be a fun ride back south!! I think all we need to do is get a fresh battery and bang on the starter.. but it did get pretty wet during the big storm. It leaks a LOT and I had it covered but the 120 mph winds blew off the cover nad it got about 8 inches of water inside.

but it didn't drain out so the floor pans are solid!

best of luck to you man.. i'm sure you'll 'happen' to acquire a new ride eventually

Thanks! That '70 looks like a fun project, but I think I'd be looking for another wife if I brought something like that home ;) hehehehehe

Ya know, this sounds like a perfect car for Jerry!