• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rarest colors?

Yes, clear rear side lens. That was required for servicemen posted in Italy, or something like that. It's listed in the parts catalog, but NLA I believe. I tried to find them about 5 yrs ago - thought it would be trick on the Chamonix tii.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I bought a 72 atlantik very faded and repainted wrong. They added lots of metallic and also too dark, but the color is growing on me after a couple of months. I think if done correctly(original), nice chrome bumpers and sexy wheels it would stand out BIG.

back to the 02s

http://my1972bmw.blogspot.com/

1600 1561547 project

http://1600bmw.blogspot.com/

vintage_bmw@yahoogroups.com

standpoint of rare colors...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Florida car he restored. His father owned the car and makes the story even better.

Picture taken on a drive near Canaan Valley, WV

Um... is that a clear running light there on the rear, or is it missing the lens?

Clear would be something else... looks good on that car!

That indeed looks like clear to me. Very very nice touch with the italian blinkers in the front. This is the second time that I see them in clear I wonder who made those?

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

• 11 years later...
On 5/2/2007 at 2:25 PM, H_Krix said:

Um... is that a clear running light there on the rear, or is it missing the lens?

Clear would be something else... looks good on that car!

On 5/2/2007 at 6:26 PM, John_in_VA said:

Yes, clear rear side lens. That was required for servicemen posted in Italy, or something like that. It's listed in the parts catalog, but NLA I believe. I tried to find them about 5 yrs ago - thought it would be trick on the Chamonix tii.

On 5/3/2007 at 11:58 AM, BillWilliams said:

got the last set out of AG

And as John said, they were for the Italian cars.

Bumping this thread from the dead only to ask for clarification on this "Italian" clear rear lens.

Does anyone have a photo or more info for this, the original posted photo is broken. 

Thanks!

Edited by oh2ryan

-Ryan

05/87 M3 Hennarot

04/71 2002tii Baikal

1 hour ago, John_in_VA said:

I wish I could show you how they look on my car, but a former member here that was reproducing a pair for me never sent them. (Bob N.)  I thought they would look nice on Chamonix.

So these are the rear roundie tail lights? And they are clear rather than amber or red? Is that the difference being discussed?

-Ryan

05/87 M3 Hennarot

04/71 2002tii Baikal

4 minutes ago, oh2ryan said:

So these are the rear roundie tail lights? And they are clear rather than amber or red? 

Negative - they were clear lenses on the rear quarter panels.

John in VA

bmw_spin.gif

4 minutes ago, John_in_VA said:

Negative - they were clear lenses on the rear quarter panels.

So, John, they are sidemarker lights. Apart from the lens color, are they similar to U.S.-mandated sidemarker lights?

I had no idea that Italian cars had these: it's really quite cool!

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

1 minute ago, Conserv said:

So, John, they are sidemarker lights. Apart from the lens color, are they similar to U.S.-mandated sidemarker lights?

I had no idea that Italian cars had these: it's really quite cool!

I don't know if they were two parts like the normal red rear side marker lenses, but they were clear.  While Bill W. might have purchased a pair, I never had my hands on them.  There was another owner in the DC/PA area with them, and I was convinced I needed some!  When Bob was making the red antenna tips he made a pair of clear lenses - he said they were done, but he never got around to sending them.

I understood they were required on the car while the military owner was in Italia.

• Like 1

John in VA

bmw_spin.gif