• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what parts can i use off of a bavaria?

meyekel

aftermarket wheel, it'll work on an '02--you have to remove the brass contact ring from the Bav wheel and install the spring loaded contact from an '02 so your horn will work.

And if you have a 72 or 73 '02 and want to convert to interval wipers, get the wiper relay (7 terminal) and the two speed wiper dash switch. The latter is hard to find.

Did someone mention the inside rear view mirror? It's wider than the '02s and pops right in place.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Mike, If you do the control arms, dont forget the radious links too. If you pull em and then decide not to do it I might be interested in some Bavaria control arms.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Bavaria's use the same Golde roofs as '02's. If you get REAL lucky, you might find a pop-up wind deflector on one.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

i'm pretty sure the master cylinder is interchangable with the tii version.

ditto on the electric fuel pump i believe

also, get those very nice window cranks if available. nice upgrade

neat square clock in the dash would be a nice addition to a center console.

IF you're fortunate enough to have the dual headlight grills, then Bav headlight assemblies are used.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

The front brake calipers are interchangeable with tii calipers if you have a tii. E3's have much more in common with BMW's with a M30 engine. E9 coupes and E12's come to mind as BMW's that the Bavaria will easily share drive train parts.

If you have a Bavaria you want to get rid of, let me know and I'll tip off the E3 crowd. They'll help you get rid of your Bav.

I have both a 2002 and a Bavaria (two E3's) and not much are interchangeable. E3's are the bastard stepchild of BMW's that get little to no respect. You've got to be a little warped to own one (thank you, I resemble that). They aren't as sexy as a E9 coupe, but they don't rust near as quick as a coupe does. It has the same drive train and I don't have any problems hauling my kids around in it. I gave my daughter in high school my 73 Bav, she doesn't want to give it up when I want to do maintenance on it, she is scared she'll get my 4Runner to drive.

G-Man

74 tii, 5 speed, lsd, sahara

73 Bavaria, 5 speed, Weber's, Alpina's, malaga (daughters daily driver)

70 2800, 4 speed, Euro spec, totally stock, 95K original KM's, granada

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner