• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW 2002,an attractive car?

Oh boy here we go.... Let me take a few moments to explain that I believe the '02 is a very attractive car and um... yes I will relate it to persons of a certain sex.+You know if you look critically at the '02 I think you realize that in the wrong designers' hands this could have completely fallen over to look like some turd from the Eastern Bloc. Luckily that did not happen but to say it is classically stunning like say Porsche 356,Aston Martin DB4,(pick your favorite 60's Euro sports car) isnt quite the case.. Anyone can look at (in their prime) Meg Ryan,Sage Steele,Andy MacDowell(again pick your favorite star) and admire the obvious beauty. The '02 is not that. Wait for it....The '02 is Meryl Streep. Yes I said it!!!! Maybe not a classic beauty and maybe even seems  a bit "off" ie so much glass,long trunk,boxy but taken as a whole is quite attractive. In fact maybe even more attractive because of it.

• Like 2

'67 Derby Grey VW Beetle

'76 Inka BMW 2002

5 minutes ago, SydneyTii said:

And even better looking with square tail lights😂😂😂😂🏃🏼‍♂️

At first I thought roundie all the way but after owning a square I do like square better

• Like 1

'67 Derby Grey VW Beetle

'76 Inka BMW 2002

BEAUTY COMES IN ALL SHAPES AND SIZES.

SMALL, LARGE, ROUNDIE, SQUARE, THIN CRUST, THICK CRUST, STUFFED CRUST, EXTRA TOPPINGS…

BEAUTY ISN'T A SHAPE - IT’S HOW SOMETHING BEHAVES TO INSPIRE PASSION.. THE 02s BEAUTY IIS HOW IT WORKS.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, BEAUTY IS IN THE HAND OF THE BEER HOLDER..

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

I go back to the first exposure I had with a 2002.  Circa 2008, I was a broke country-kid/ski-bum from Idaho/Montana who somehow thought it would be fun to hop on an airplane and attend an automotive design school in Turin, Italy.  The college was in a renovated 19th century four-floor conjoined building.  We had our first semester of "History of Design" on the ground level in a big room with herringbone-patterned wood floors and white walls.  Our professor was a chief designer at Bertone by day, and lecturer in the evening.

His first lecture initially contained the usual power point slides extolling the virtues of swoopy Italian design.  The usual beautiful cars you'd expect filled each page.  However, mid lecture he stopped dramatically and, with a very stereotypical flourish, stated, "However, it is not just about pretty curves!  Also important are good proportions!" , and he clicked again to reveal a picture of a clean early 2002.  "Proportions, proportions, proportions!" He yelled, enunciating each syllable in a heavy Italian accent. 

You could say it made a big impression on me. 

Edited by AceAndrew
  • Like 18

I'd 100% agree with proportions.  Less with beauty.

Sometimes the absence of a single bad feature or angle

adds up to a very pleasant looking car.

But it's not Jag fhcxk120 sexy, 

nor even Karmann- Ghia curvy.

I like that it's not trying, but it's succeeding.

I think the 2000cs - 3.0cs is prettier.

but that's not important right now.

t

• Like 3

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Well, while others can drool over the beautiful Porsche  lassie that will drain your bank account faster than you can say "Bobs your Uncle" (Ginger)

I love driving a Mary Anne....Who not only is damn cute, She is fun and cooks!! (Plus showed more skin than Ginger ever did....) 

Dawn-Wells-mary-ann-gilligans-island-ftr.jpg

• Haha 1

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

4 minutes ago, Vicleonardo1 said:

Well, while others can drool over the beautiful Porsche  lassie that will drain your bank account faster than you can say "Bobs your Uncle" (Ginger)

I love driving a Mary Anne....Who not only is damn cute, She is fun and cooks!! (Plus showed more skin than Ginger ever did....) 

Dawn-Wells-mary-ann-gilligans-island-ftr.jpg

....drain your bank account. So true!

'67 Derby Grey VW Beetle

'76 Inka BMW 2002

7 hours ago, TobyB said:

I'd 100% agree with proportions.  Less with beauty.

Sometimes the absence of a single bad feature or angle

adds up to a very pleasant looking car.

But it's not Jag fhcxk120 sexy, 

nor even Karmann- Ghia curvy.

I like that it's not trying, but it's succeeding.

I think the 2000cs - 3.0cs is prettier.

but that's not important right now.

t

I like that it's not trying, but it's succeeding. That is perfect sir

'67 Derby Grey VW Beetle

'76 Inka BMW 2002

17 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

And even better looking with square tail lights😂😂😂😂🏃🏼‍♂️

+1, even better with a Euro bumper conversion.

FB_IMG_1688857440627.jpg

• Like 4

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner