• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Know this Seller

Okay, this is not 2002 related but it will get the most attention. My 76 2002 has been gone for six months, replaced by a 1972 Bavaria. I am in need of a rear passenger door and a factory manual(were there different manuals for coupes and Bavarias?). My little group, the Rocket dogs has 15 or so 2002 owners so I still pay attention.

Now to my question. I put up a post a couple of days ago about a rear passenger door and factory manual for the Bavaria.  Up pops Ricky Fowler with a door and a manual. I ask for photos. His response, I am in a wheel chair and can't get to the manual. Now the wheel chair and his inability to get to the manual triggers something in past history with this guy. I believe I posted a query here and I am pretty sure the reponse was . Scammer.  If he is legit, my deep apologies. But having been scammed for some 2002 parts I am now extra careful and vett sellers as much as possible. 

Please reply here or to my email:   coupecs@aol.com

thanks,

steve

Spot on guys. Thanks for responding. How can we scam him?

My body guy called tonight. He will start to work on the existing door. We will see what happens. A total of five doors have been in play. e9coupe has been quite helpful. I owned four of those, two were parts, bought in the days when a Community College teacher could afford them. I am 82.

Yes, Bavarias are rare and an acquired taste. We acquired with our first in 1983. Followed by four more, two Si s, one a rusted parts car, then another parts car and finally this pristine 72 in Agave from Steve Petersen of BluntTech.

Decent restoration got all the rust and a good respray in original. Interior and trunk in perfect original condition.

Steve didn't want his mother(he bought it for her) to have to, "dick around with carburators." He installed a B35 motor and automatic transmission from a 1992 five series. Moves right along.

Washing the Bavaria back in late Aug. I noticed a large dent in passenger rear door. Eventually filed a claim with State Farm where it was insured as a Classic for $20,000. After dicking around with SF for two and half months we have limped to a fine conclusion for me. I buy the car from SF for $5,500. They send me a check for $16,136.(something about fees?? who knows). My expert body guy puts the car good as new for $8,000. You do the math. 

You may remember Lilli, our all original 87,000 mile 76 Chamonix 2002 acquired at the start of Covid from JMinPDX on e9coupe.  Had to sell her 'cause I did not realize 2002s never came with power steering. And my wife can no longer turn a 2002.  You will find her on BaT, sold in Aug of '23 for $34,500.  Lovely, lovely car.

And again, thanks, 

Steve

20230910_161115.jpg

• Like 3

No photo, no sale. There's a 356 parts guy on Pelican that verifies his cars/parts with a picture of him and the buyers name on a piece of paper he's holding.

• Like 2

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

4 hours ago, NYNick said:

No photo, no sale. There's a 356 parts guy on Pelican that verifies his cars/parts with a picture of him and the buyers name on a piece of paper he's holding.

Like ransom pictures with a newspaper, lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...