• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cooling market

Karlosism

4 hours ago, dlmrun2002 said:

That's Baikal?   dlm ny country

Yes, it's an original baikal car. However, when I repainted it way back in ought-3 ('03) I chose a slightly different shade. More aktisblau. When its repainted (hopefully this year) it will be officially baikal once again.

That photo does look very baikal. Here is another photo showing it more like it is, a bit darker. Next to it's 20 year garage-mate brother. Those were good times.

Red_Blue_Front_Austin.JPG.9c9ee09dd421212ee1c216197f3e0a3f.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

Not every person wanting to know the current market value of their 2002 is trying to sell it or flip it. 

Insurance is one important reason to know what the current value of the car is (regardless if it is going down or up). 

Also, people sometimes needs to sell the cars for various reasons because life happens and sometimes you have to part ways with your dream car, passion project, life's work, etc. 
I think we all feel our cars our priceless (regardless of their condition) and the value of these cars is more than money and time we have invested. 

Edited by Karlosism
  • Like 2

=====================

74' 2002tii (Polaris silver)

66' Porsche 912 (Metallic silver)  

1 hour ago, mccusername said:

Jason, you can bring the blue car for a visit anytime!

IMG_4396.jpg

The H&Bs are absolutely gorgeous. Perfect.

You already know my bucket list item is driving the blue car back up to the bay area for a show. And if that happens I'd drive through LA to drive with you. How cool (for me) to have both cars back together again!

• Like 3

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

10 hours ago, JsnPpp said:

Absolutely. My blue car was a daily for 10+ years for me. Rain or shine, highway, city, everything. It's partially disassembled for painting at the moment (been that way for 5 years, cough cough) but when its done I'll continue to drive it. Both my kids learned on stick ('84 vanagon, '88 integra, '91 318is) and they will drive it too. Fleet vehicle as I say around here.

Here it is when I would routinely drive to Houston. Literally just outside La Grange (for you ZZ fans).
2002.thumb.JPG.3bff90c67e4d56bd349ff4923312888c.JPG

Posted photo to remind myself to get off my butt and get it done.

These cars are for driving!

I hear they got a lot of nice girls!

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I love how there threads spin off into completely unrelated topics.

Speaking of which, anybody else having extremely weird weather this winter? Here in Claremont, Ca, my hometown, we had a whole winter's worth of rain in the last two weeks of December and nothing since. And then two weeks ago had the most ferocious windstorm I have ever experienced.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karlosism said:

I think we all feel our cars our priceless (regardless of their condition) and the value of these cars is more than money and time we have invested. 

Personally I’m planning on not selling but I know how much it’s worth to by the amount I insured it for, Grundy had no problem with my stated $$$ number 

72F69CBD-4CAD-46CC-8E47-2582DF07B72B.thumb.jpeg.8f5c99832ea08e98b01acee9faee7076.jpeg   FFCA6FA3-5CF0-41F3-9B4F-298947CE3BE2.thumb.jpeg.47f043298c51323a502efb401696b61d.jpeg

• Like 1

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

2 hours ago, ray_ said:

I hear they got a lot of nice girls!

I think you’re thinking of a little town in Texas, but never mind.

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

4 hours ago, JsnPpp said:

The H&Bs are absolutely gorgeous. Perfect.

You already know my bucket list item is driving the blue car back up to the bay area for a show. And if that happens I'd drive through LA to drive with you. How cool (for me) to have both cars back together again!

Jason, let me know when you’re ready to do that.  Also on my list to cruise back to my old haunts — I might caravan with you.  I was just discussing it today with an old friend in Berkeley.

• Like 1

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

37 minutes ago, 0257 said:

ason, let me know when you’re ready to do that.  Also on my list to cruise back to my old haunts — I might caravan with you.  I was just discussing it today with an old friend in Berkeley.

Since we're talking about long distance cruises in our 02s, a couple of us in the Midwest have been fantasizing about driving our '02s on Route 66.  What a trip that would be.  I drove it several years ago from St Louis to Bakersfield--in a much newer BMW--and had a great time.  Lots to see, many original segments of the road still awaiting the adventurous--and the Mother Road's 100th anniversary is coming up in 2026.  Go now and beat the rush!

mike

• Like 4

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

On 2/4/2022 at 8:43 PM, Mike Self said:

Did you buy/repair/restore/refurbish/your 2002 to make a big wad of cash on it, or didja just get it to enjoy? 

mike

I got mine strictly to piss of the neighbours. 6AM, 6K..... 

LOL.  Just kidding. 

image.png.fdb2d36f850739a472312b645e33ba02.png

• Haha 1

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

22 hours ago, Karlosism said:

Not every person wanting to know the current market value of their 2002 is trying to sell it or flip it. 

Insurance is one important reason to know what the current value of the car is (regardless if it is going down or up). 

Also, people sometimes needs to sell the cars for various reasons because life happens and sometimes you have to part ways with your dream car, passion project, life's work, etc. 

Funny how recent time has had me thinking of selling. Even the Shepard must slaughter his sheep. I feel the tugs on the anchor coming up. Life goes on.

dlm ny country

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 0257 said:

I think you’re thinking of a little town in Texas, but never mind.

Yes.

Pay attention!

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.