• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very clean s54 2002

irdave

Almost nuthin' but engine in that engine compartment.  It almost seems to be a wireless car.  Where do the windshield washers get their fluid from?  But, not diggin that poly steering coupler unless they've started making them with a backbone molded inside.

Yes, the wheels are a perfect match for the car, Dave.

Amazing attention to detail on this build.

I especially like the recessed pockets on the fender tops (with drain holes) for the hood torsion bar links.

Where is the brake booster? Maybe with those giant calipers, he didn't need one?

With the extensive mods to the firewall, where do you suppose the heater and air vents are?....Driving that monster must make you sweat in any climate.

Gorgeous car. May be in my top 3 favorite 02s. Incredible details, perfect stance, amazing blend of new and old. Top shelf work.

Wow is all I really can think of.

Thanks for sharing.

Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, sunroof, A/C, 5spd OD, 3.91 LSD, etc. Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   --> If you need an Alpina A4 tuning manual, PM me!

23 hours ago, TobyB said:

.... needs an air filter.  S54's aren't THAT cheap.

t

of course, jelly.

at least there are tea strainers hidden in each trumpet, but a bit of form over function I'd think. But some how I doubt he notices or cares about the pony or three lost in flow ?

Immaculate realisation of one mans vision.

Speedhunters_2002_Engine_2.jpg

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

20 hours ago, NickVyse said:

at least there are tea strainers hidden in each trumpet, but a bit of form over function I'd think. But some how I doubt he notices or cares about the pony or three lost in flow ?

Immaculate realisation of one mans vision.

Speedhunters_2002_Engine_2.jpg

Ha!  The camber plates are sideways in that pic!

• Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

21 hours ago, M2M3 said:

nice work, but....i would be more impressed if there was in car video from a track session.

alas, cars like this rarely ever get really used properly.  

I'd argue that car is getting used exactly as intended by the owner / builder.  Might not be what you or I would think of as proper, but I bet he's pretty happy using it the way he does.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.