• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very clean s54 2002

irdave

The plates, or at least the strut mounting locations in the sheet metal, can be adjusted for both camber and caster, typical orientation allows for easy, repeatable adjustment of camber- like make them upright for driving on the street, get to the track, add some camber.  Caster isn't typically adjusted as often. In that picture, the easy adjustment is caster.  Plates are 90 degrees out.

In this picture, maybe you can make out the number annotations, which reference camber.  These plates, like those on the fancy car, are adjustable for both camber and caster.

IMG_20211110_112415.jpg

Edited by irdave

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

The castor and camber scales on his plates are reading in the correct orientation. 

I agree that compared to most camber plates they visually look 90 degrees out but I don’t think that is  the case here. 

BEC176FA-1269-4B38-9540-8E31572C3185.jpeg

Edited by Lorin
Pic added

8 minutes ago, Lorin said:

The castor and camber scales on his plates are reading in the correct orientation. 

I agree that compared to most camber plates they visually look 90 degrees out but I don’t think that is  the case here. 

BEC176FA-1269-4B38-9540-8E31572C3185.jpeg

No shit, look at that.  I wonder why they would choose to have caster be the easier adjustment.

Thanks for looking that close and finding the correct answer.

• Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

1 hour ago, irdave said:

No shit, look at that.  I wonder why they would choose to have caster be the easier adjustment.

Thanks for looking that close and finding the correct answer.

actually camber is the easier one to adjust.  the three strut bolts.  loosen slightly, move for camber.   ez.

caster require "4" bolts to be loosened....?

2xM3

4 hours ago, M2M3 said:

actually camber is the easier one to adjust.  the three strut bolts. 

This is how you'd adjust camber on the Vorshlag camber/caster plates on my e36 track car.  I like that they use the three strut studs for camber, as they're bigger, better clamping and the nuts are less likely to get damaged with frequent adjustments (or easier to replace) than the Allen heads.  

Edited by g_force

Josh (in Dallas)

'72 tii

...but look at the numbers. 

I think they're backwards,

as it seems to go 1..2..3  headed outwards from the 

strut bar.

t

would still give it a dry space in the barn, and kick the free 320 outside.

• Like 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL