• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See Your Dashes

M3This

20 hours ago, fastricky said:

Also I thought there was a story that Kooglewerks or some other fabricator were going to start producing repro dashes? 

A company in S Oregon is working on it.  I believe they will create a great product.  They have a rep in the vintage Datsun market.  Can't remember their name. 

• Like 1

73 Inka Tii #2762958

I’ve been putting together my ideal dash for a couple years and am on the home stretch!

-early 3-piece dash with “chrome” lower section.

-center console delete with extra pull-down compartment.  Ash tray on trans tunnel.

-three aux gauges inset into the dash with stand-off bezels.

-custom cluster (posted before) silver dollar with black centers.

didn’t have the balls to do inset leather weave (or wood) with aluminum accent on the dash face.... but someone should do it!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, AceAndrew said:

I’ve been putting together my ideal dash for a couple years and am on the home stretch!

-early 3-piece dash with “chrome” lower section.

-center console delete with extra pull-down compartment.  Ash tray on trans tunnel.

-three aux gauges inset into the dash with stand-off bezels.

-custom cluster (posted before) silver dollar with black centers.

didn’t have the balls to do inset leather weave (or wood) with aluminum accent on the dash face.... but someone should do it!

This sounds fantastic I can’t wait to see it. 

• Like 1

Another way to make something useful from the "Fasten Seat Belt" pod location to cover the resulting hole when removed.  The instruments are volts, oil pressure and oil temperature.  The base is wood that I made, and it's screwed to the dash using the seat belt sign mounting holes; the pod is Velcro-ed to the base.  Hasn't moved since it was installed around 1987.  

Great place for extra instruments as you can check 'em without taking your eyes off the road.

extra dash instruments 1.jpg

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Here's a pic of a crack free one piece Euro spec dash (no fasten seat belt billboard) in my 74 tii.  Heater and fan controls are in German.  I stumbled on to the dash at an automotive flea market in Ludwigshafen Germany for 120 Euros. I mailed it back and before it was installed, the hole for the tii clock was carefully cut out.  Tii also has a 71-73 Euro cluster that I put crosshair gauges in.  It looks much better than the faux wood 74-76 cluster. 

163550933_10219740922339489_21004599861220210717_103723.jpg

Edited by Gordon

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Phone cam picture doesn't really do it justice.  But here is my rebuilt instrument cluster for my '73 tii which was done by gauge ninja Buz Ras as Seattle Speedometer.  Later model panel painted flat black, crosshair gauges with new orange needles, polished glass lenses and chrome trim rings.  Best feature dimmable amber LED lighting controlled by the rheostat on the factory headlight switch.  Not shown is my rebuilt Keinzel clock not built with the same backlighting.  As my eyes are not getting any better, it's nice to be able to actually read my gauges at night, so I'm very happy with the work.     

20211001_190746.jpg

• Like 3

'73 2002 tii Graniterot/Saddle

'17 X5 Xdrive 3.5d Mineral White/Amaro Brown

'18 328d Xdrive Sportwagon Glacier Silver/Black