• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reconditioning Service: Tii Injectors to 470-540 PSI

PaulTWinterton

What’s the turn time on these paul? I think one of my injectors is over spraying and causing one piston to run rich and running rough. Maybe time to start with a new set. Do you recommend anyone to rebuild the pump itself?

Jerry Fairchild Industries (Robert) is the quickest turnaround,  but doesn't re-plate the hardware, unless asked.  Best pricing too.  Wes Ingram Enterprises does a fantastic job but has a longer turnaround time.

My recent turnaround for reconditioning injectors is 4 weeks.  Straight purchase is about 7-9 days to reach you. 

Thanks for the interest. 

Paul

Edited by PaulTWinterton

73 Inka Tii #2762958

• 1 month later...

Hey folks, I can't recommend Paul's injectors enough. Swapped out mine Friday and drove the car 6+ hours yesterday (Saturday) - my MPG went from 25 to 28.2 (at a constant 80 - 90mph) and revs smoother than it ever has by a considerable margin. No hype, I'm really blown away. Plus he's a solid bloke to deal with ?. Tii owners do yourselves a favor!  

Edited by fastricky
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

@PaulTWinterton, I sent you a PM a few days ago, would like to get a set of these.

Thank you!

Chris A
---'73 2002tii Chamonix w/ flares, sunroof, 15x7s, LSD, Bilstein Sports w/ H&R springs, upgraded sway bars, E21 Recaros
---'86 Porsche 944 Turbo grey street/track car

---'81 Alfa Romeo GTV6 rescued from junkyard, Lemons Rally/"GT" car

• 2 weeks later...

To the FAQ community & Tii owners in particular,

I am happy to report Paul's cousin,  Ronnie Musoke has taken up the responsibility to continue this service. I would like to introduce Ronnie to our BMW community by way of a brief history. But before I do I would like to pass along a brief story that led up to this point.

For those of us that had the distinct honour of knowing  Paul,  all knew how much this community meant to him and how much pleasure he got by passing along his knowledge and expertise to others.  It was a huge part of his life. When he finally had to come  to terms with the prospects we all must face,  he wanted to make sure what he started would continue to benefit the BMW community. So much so in fact,  he literally spent the last few hours of his life ensuring his knowledge would be passed along to someone he trusted and worthy of his efforts.  Ronnie was humbled that Paul took him under his wing to teach him everything he knew about reconditioning DLO-20D injectors.

As a ranger and safari guide in Africa, having a working vehicle was imperative as it was Ronnie Musoke’s livelihood.  He had to be resourceful while maintaining and fixing his vehicle when it broke down in extreme situations (like dodging lions and elephants) in the middle of nowhere. Ronnie met his Canadian wife in Uganda, and immigrated to British Columbia in 2013.  Living in Squamish, he had the opportunity to work as a mechanic for Whistler Automotive for two years.  His family currently lives in Ladner and he is apprenticing as a journeyman for H-Vac systems.

As a BMW enthusiast, Ronnie was honoured to share this passion with his cousin, the late Paul Winterton.  They were always comparing notes about tinkering and repairs as this has always been a hobby that they had in common.  To honour Paul’s legacy, Ronnie would like to continue his good work and collaborate with the BMW community. He will now be monitoring the Injector Service thread for anyone who is interested in enlisting his services.

Ronnie’s phone 778-859-1837 and his e-mail is lubanmus@yahoo.com

Thank you for your time.

Regards...Mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Wanted to say that Ronnie did a fine job with my injectors.  I am rebuilding my Tii engine, the other engine was running fine but I went ahead and sent my injectors in for testing to see if they needed work.  He came back to me with a report showing that that they were putting our pressures of between 490 - 540 psi.  So no work needed.  Definitely someone you can trust!  

• Like 3

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

3 hours ago, tomphot said:

Wanted to say that Ronnie did a fine job with my injectors.  I am rebuilding my Tii engine, the other engine was running fine but I went ahead and sent my injectors in for testing to see if they needed work.  He came back to me with a report showing that that they were putting our pressures of between 490 - 540 psi.  So no work needed.  Definitely someone you can trust!  

I am sure Paul is watching down with a huge smile after reading this. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to drop a quick note on the amazing job Ronnie did on my injector sets a few weeks back. Overall turn-around timing (not including shipping) was about two weeks, very quick and faster than I'd hoped - so A+. As for the injectors themselves, the results in the images before and after below speak for themselves (hope you don't mind Ronnie).

My main set were pretty close (Set #1) and should work awesome. The backup set that I'd purchased just in case I needed to rebuild a set, certainly weren't up to spec prior (Set #2). However, after Ronnie's great work I now have four that are. Communication was great and I can't say enough about Ronnie's service here - Paul would certainly be proud.

Thanks again Ronnie!

Before1.pdfSet1-A.pdfSet2-A.pdf

Edited by Rodolfo Lasparri
Image error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1973 2002tii Taiga, 2763376 

1969 2002 Chamonix, 1666774

• 3 weeks later...