joebarthlow

BMW CCA O'Fest in Palm Springs?

19 posts / 656 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

Did anyone at BMW CCA bother to look at the weather for mid-September for Palm Springs? Average high is 102º. This pretty much excludes most BMWs built before 1980. The car/driver on their poster would not survive too long. Disappointing.

Ofest_2020_Poster-Final-301x400.jpg

Edited by joebarthlow

Nope.  Sounds pretty good about now though.  Sunshine cheers me up and I could stand to dry out a bit!

I do not understand the date cutoff.  Is that when they started installing factory air conditioning?

Hey--in2 000 Ofest was held in New Hampshire and the daily temps were in the mid 90s!  And the year before the same thing in Indianapolis.  

The event will be headquartered at the La Quinta Inn Resort (no relation to the La Quinta motels, AFAIK) and it looks pretty swanky.  

And for those driving from the east, check out driving the Old Spanish Trail--a third cross-country highway along the lines of Route 66 and the Lincoln Highway, just not as well known.  It runs from St Augustine FL to San Diego CA, and will celebrate its centennial in 2029...so drive it early and be a pioneer.

mike

• Like 1

I've visited friends at the resort and it's first class and orientated around golf but a beautiful setting that costs just a bit more then the motels Jk the place costs a fortune but theirs plenty of other motels in the area. 

I have a neighbor that winters in Palm Desert that is right next door to Palm Springs.  They never leave for their winter home until about the 1st of November.

I have a weather data cd of every weather reporting station in the US for about the last 50 years. If anyone wants to know the averages for those days, it's there.

I wonder why my neighbors never leave early.  BMW must be getting some good off season rates!

they're smoking crack doing it in the summer over there

palm springs would work nov-april only

On 2/8/2020 at 6:23 PM, jimk said:

BMW must be getting some good off season rates!

This right here....one of my vendors held a golf tournament for his accounts in August in Rancho Mirage. I made it through four holes, then retreated inside. Dry heat or not, it was damn hot. Food and Rooms are nice, though.

La Quinta is just above Indian Wells, about 20 milesout from Palm Springs proper. It feels about 100 degrees at 3:00AM during that part of the year. They should do it in Santa Barbara, a much better location, especially for classic cars.

• Like 1