• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'73 Turkis tii on eBay

fastricky

I like when threads don't have the sassy language and attitudes this one seems to have morphed towards. Plenty of that elsewhere... just sayin'.

But Wizard stuff (and especially Centaur stuff) I'm all for ;-)

Edited by fastricky
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, fastricky said:

I like when threads don't have the sassy language and attitudes this one seems to have morphed towards. Plenty of that elsewhere... just sayin'.

But Wizard stuff (and especially Centaur stuff) I'm all for ?

Uncommon for FAQ. More common BS like this on BaT or Pelican.

I took a Wiz just this morning!

• Haha 1

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

I don't think its that bad a car,needs some work for sure but still a pretty decent car. Not 49K though.

Hell I thought the Mad Max  2002 in another thread would of got this kind of hate.

Starting to think who's selling it is almost as important as the condition of the car.?

Edited by jp5Touring
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, iinca said:

Actually I am a Wizard .....I was being modest

Someone should find the pics. I really don't need to see them 'cause as a Wizard I know exactly

what they will look like

Lying/being modest, what's the difference? ?‍♂️

Next time don't be such a lazy Wizard - put on your unlicensed BMW roundel-embroidered, synthetic blend ski cap, take your magic wand (a poor condition Italian front turn signal taped to a dipstick will do) and do some clicking and typing.

I took action and contacted the seller and got some coveted pics of the dark underbelly of this fresh ride.

Let the carnage continue. It has been legend that Gollumheide has the original gauge rings, 5x13 steel wheels with correct date codes and pristine full wheel covers hidden in the hills near the Salton Sea. Take this adventure, @iinca or choose your own.

turkis1.jpg

turkis2.jpg

turkis3.jpg

• Like 2

Looks decent. Why did they not paint the full underside?

Curious to what shocks those are? Monroe? PepBoys?

Wondering if those axles were refurbished, rebuilt or just cleaned up and painted

It all still looks to be the work of a 'flipper'..cutting corners after dropping so much $$ on

the fancy seats/interior and nice paint job

If you asked me what it is worth TODAY I'd say 30k tops

Edited by iinca

Maybe I'm going blind, but everything underneath looks painted with black spray paint. You can even see rust peeking through some of the washers/hardware on the front suspension. Even the rear axles are nuked in black paint. 

This undercarriage, aside from a few new items (shocks/steering components) underwent a thorough Rustoleum rebuild. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

they painted all the easy high spots and left all the tight areas rusty

Are those bolt heads painted black on the subframe?

I don't remember tie rods being black...?‍♂️

Fast Tricky is right it's rare color in decent condition. A real pretty car. They just half assed' more than a few areas

Edited by iinca
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, iinca said:

Wondering if those axles were refurbished, rebuilt or just cleaned up and painted

It all still looks to be the work of a 'flipper'..cutting corners after dropping so much $$ on

You're welcome for acquiring the pics you wanted, man! Are they what you knew they'd be?

You could always send the seller a message and ask why there is not a pristine coat of turkis on the underside

They sure don't look like Billy HD's, that's for sure. Again, you should send the seller a message and ask, you might get an answer, maybe they are silver-painted Boge's?

Ask the seller and report back

Lots of people buy and sell cars as their main gig. They often don't know what's factory correct and uninformed buyers get "ripped off". People also buy and sell cars as a side gig, like many Instagram Influencers/Tastemakers, for extra cash.

Nobody axe you but it gonna sell for and be worth whatever someone gonna pay for it - you know the drill, riiiiiiiiigt?

1 hour ago, danco_ said:

Maybe I'm going blind, but everything underneath looks painted with black spray paint. You can even see rust peeking through some of the washers/hardware on the front suspension. Even the rear axles are nuked in black paint. 

This undercarriage, aside from a few new items (shocks/steering components) underwent a thorough Rustoleum rebuild. 

Maybe you ARE goin' blind, man. Who in their right mind would completely disassemble an 02, put it on a spit like a pig with lipstick to get roasted, stripped to bare metal, repair all the metal and paint it with fresh, luscious turkis metallic and then put it all back together for $49K? Insanity...blindness...can't t..y.p..e no mo'