• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 sighting on Craigslist

Great stuff, screen shot enlarged, nice Roof Rack and Baby Blue color, was the horizontal door bumper guard added by factory option or after mkt?  L

Roof Rack.PNG

• Thanks 1

'67 BMW 1600-2 Sahara/Brown 133,000 ..'73 BMW R90/6 Blk/White pin/s 155,000

Added by the factory at some point, but I don't know when, exactly. 

Perhaps Steve will chime in :) 

Looks like Euro turn signals.

Very pretty blue.  Is it Pastelblau?  (sp?)

It is even farther west than I am, over on the Olympic Peninsula.

If I was a total weirdo, I'd respond to the ad and go kick the tires on that Subaru, just to get a closer look at the 2002.

It's just an old roundie though.

2 hours ago, Son of Marty said:

Whats up with the positive camber on the rear wheel of that 02?

Probably the expensive camera employed ?

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

The front overrider bow  is probably an Amco (American Carry Products) item..they made 'em front and rear for a bunch of imports in the 60s and 70s before 5 mph bumpers.  

I suspect the funny angle of the rear wheel is due to the car having recently jacked up at the back.  This is even more pronounced with swing axle cars (VW, Renault).  

Car looks like Riviera--camera may have its colors a little off...

mike 

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

This should be a bit higher resolution than what was posted by the OP.  You have to click on the Craigslist photos to get the resolution they were uploaded with by the seller. Click on the photo I uploaded below to get the full resolution, significantly better than the OP version.

01515_3tX5KDxnywS_1200x900.thumb.jpg.dd26b9dc16595efe5e28c9b489175b26.jpg

Edited by AlfaBMWGuy
  • Thanks 1

From the higher res pix posted above, the car doesn't have the AMCO overrider bows--that's a reflection of the bumper.  And the wheels look like they're from something front wheel drive--not a lotta offset.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I think Lucian is asking about the rubber faced "knee line" trim, by his phrase "horizontal door bumper guard".  That's factory world-wide on all "model 71" 2002s of course.  Maybe the low resolution pic he enlarged was throwing him off since he's not a 2002 newbie.

Nice looking car.  Yes, it's a mistake to list a vehicle on CL and leave an '02 in the background!  Ask me how I know.  My 1982 R100RS for sale on CL in Baltimore.  Responses on the RS= 2; calls on the '02=23.   (no the 69 is not for sale, but I'll make you a great deal on the '82 :)

20190215_151624#1.jpg

• Like 2

Dave in Baltim02e Maryland USA
1969 2002 Sahara  Manila  :)

1966 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon-Valley Green; 1972 Airstream Overlander; 1997 JDM Honda Prelude; 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 tow vehicle to tow home all the above junk!

I sent the seller a link to this thread, hoping they would get a kick out of it and I got the following reply--

I'm gonna have to change the picture with how many people have been contacting me. It's actually a customer's car, which I also happen to have my eye on.

So, before anyone here bugs them about he 2002, you should know you're already second in line.  :) 

• Like 1

Oops.  I almost feel guilty for sharing it now.

For the record, my response came at 2:55. :) 

I just sold a miata on CL.  It can be sort of a pain in the butt.

"Is the car still available?"    Yes, it is.    (the end)

"Will you take half your asking price?"    Nope.    (the end)

"When would be a good time to see it this weekend?"   Anytime.    (the end)

I now understand where the term Craigslist-Flake comes from.

I am tempted to sell these two shells now and would not be surprised to get a question about the Suburban in the background, if I was to use this photo. 

006.thumb.JPG.e451f42ee34d1e1d7a1e73d1eed8fa18.JPG

I have had two people stop in out of the blue and ask whether I would be interested in selling it.   Nope.   

(the end)

Edited by '76mintgrün'02
  • Haha 1