• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NLA Part Production. Poll Request.

Here's a pic of my posi cable running next to the dipstick sans bracket, "The Horror".  I think it would be nice to help hide it away, as long as that terminal feeds easily through the grommet.  I predict there's going to be a run on these grommets at your friendly dealer.

Posi cable.jpg

OK.  I found an old photo of my VIN 2762757. And I have one — I should note, of course, that VIN 2762757 don’t need no stinkin’ grommet!

Regardless, I will still happily take two new cable loops: I plan on losing the original when I have the Kugelfischer overhauled....  ?

Best regards,

Steve

A845EC08-0197-495A-8527-778B894FBCD4.jpeg

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

10 minutes ago, Steve Tochi said:

Here's a pic of my posi cable running next to the dipstick sans bracket, "The Horror".  I think it would be nice to help hide it away, as long as that terminal feeds easily through the grommet.  I predict there's going to be a run on these grommets at your friendly dealer.

Posi cable.jpg

Wow, Steve! You’re sitting on ticking A-bomb....  ?

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Conserv said:

OK.  I found an old photo of my VIN 2762757. And I have one — I should note, of course, that VIN 2762757 don’t need no stinkin’ grommet!

Regardless, I will still happily take two new cable loops: I plan on losing the original when I have the Kugelfischer overhauled....  ?

Best regards,

Steve

A845EC08-0197-495A-8527-778B894FBCD4.jpeg

My grommet is present.

Take THAT Steve!

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

My cable actually has a black rubber sleeve that runs almost its entire length for additional protection, you know sort of like wearing two....

While I'm at it, will clean up my terminals then give it the ole lick test to ensure good connection.

image.png.08383950ffb7b47a0dee234453fe4cf6.pngimage.png.0d312e6dbda0d2f5c2f086141eefa4f7.png

• Haha 1

I have the same part on my Cab, with the original grommet still in place, so not Tii specific?  I also have a clip on the Alternator that supports/routes the positive battery cable, but I believe that this was something Bill Holmes added when he had my car in his shop and not an OEM part.

Mark92131

2015-10-14 13.29.13.jpg

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

5 minutes ago, toothfixer said:

I have yet to look at my car but would this be relevant to a car that has had its battery located to the trunk?

Probably not.

47 minutes ago, Mark92131 said:

I believe that this was something Bill Holmes added when he had my car in his shop and not an OEM part.

Even the cable loop looks added.  I'm not 100% convinced that it is OE on that engine.  I'm told that the dipstick clamp is attached via the air intake on the standard 02, as opposed to the KFish on the tii. I would need to see a standard 02 in it's original config to be sure.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

10 minutes ago, PaulTWinterton said:

I'm not 100% convinced that it is OE on that engine

After checking some photos of the Cab's original configuration, it appears that Bill Holmes added both pieces while it was in his shop.

Mark92131

DSCF0040.JPG

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

3 hours ago, NYNick said:

My grommet is present.

Take THAT Steve!

Not a problem for me, Nick! I like that clean, grommet-less look. And I’m happy to accept a little risk to reduce weight... ?

Best regards,

Steve

I’ll take one also Paul. 

Too lazy to go look at my car but I’m sure I’ll screw mine up when I rip into my car. 

Thanks. 

Are these zinc plated or brass plated like yer drawing?  

Edited by penth2o
  • Thanks 1