• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi Folks. Where are all the old names? Cd, Blunt, Jg, Ray, Esty.

penth2o

Long time no see. Still got the Tii amongst the others and new rides. 

Disappeared years ago and went off into VW land and other makes and back when some things got heated around here.  

Good to be back. Lots of new names and members.  Scanned a little before posting.   

Sold a few cars and have been digging through bins of stashed parts for five different vehicles and the Tii bins preparing and lining things up to shift my attention to the Tii and start a total tear down along with a VW super vert and a R75.   I know. Call me crazy three at once. 

Anyways just wanted to say hi to the new members and draw out the old farts and the super old farts.... Blunt. 

Just wondering....

Ottis been banned with all these new females on here?  Esty kill Al yet?  Cd fill his neighbors pool?   ?

Looking forward to meeting you guys/gals and picking yer brains along with meeting you at events. 

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

• Like 5

Almost everyone is still around. CD left a while ago. Don't know if he is still working at BMW Darrien...Had a meltdown over the new FAQ format, if I recall.

Some are more active on Facebook. There is a BMW 2002 group there.

Steve and others have gotten... well, old. :)

Edited by Cruzr
  • Like 2

Robert in NJ
73 2002 (Verona)

72 2002tii (Verona)

22 minutes ago, Cruzr said:

Almost everyone is still around. CD left a while ago. Don't know if he is still working at BMW Darrien...Had a meltdown over the new FAQ format, if I recall.

Some are more active on Facebook. There is a BMW 2002 group there.

Steve and others have gotten... well, old. :)

I think CD sold his 02 as well.  I used to see him at limerock in CT frequently for DEs with his 02 but I stopped seeing him a few years ago.

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

Thanks guys.  Hey Paul.  

Yeah. Guess we're all getting old. Got that sometimers disease. 

Cant remember shit not Alz the time, just sometimes. 

Ive been roaming the FAQ. Seeing some oldies. Trying to put the faces to the names again and the people I've met at the old events.  

Nice to be back.  

• Like 1

And some of us you just can't seem to get rid of...same cars since 1969 and 1978 respectively, and some of the problems I had with 'em back in the 70s and 80s are repeating themselves.  Fortunately I kept notes...

You should come to Mid America this year--2002's 50th anniversary and all.  Come down from Michigan to Dayton and join our Eureka Springs caravan.  The more the merrier!  PM me for details and I'll add you to our caravan e-mail list.

cheers--and welcome back.  Great pictures, BTW.  Love the one with the lighthouse.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Hey Mike.  Great to see old folks. Ol Ray J emailed me. Feels good  trying to remember the old names and cars. I'll definitely email you for dates. Need some 02 fix.   Anyone know if Ben is still twisting wrenches down in Chicago?   

They all got old and bought new Datsun minivans, and are arguing about the proper doilies to put on the seats and cupholders.  

• Like 2

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

The Esty & Al drama...lol, that is ancient history! It was certainly entertaining at the time, although a bit painful...I got into it with Al at one point, can’t even remember why...but all was forgiven when he delivered a gorgeous, wool headliner for my tii/M2 and I met him one year when the Bay Area Swap & Show was still in Palo Alto.

COOP

• Like 1