• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walloth Nesch Prices

Djthom

Hi All

During my restoration I have made several large part orders.  In each case i have checked pricing on Ebay, Rogers, Bav Auto etc., but always Walloth and Nesch prices are lower by 30-50% in most cases.  I know the shipping is higher, but on these larger orders that isn't as big of a factor.  I'm at the point where I need to order belt trim, rocker trim, rain gutter trim etc.   and once again the price difference is enormous!

How can there be such a massive price difference in parts versus the domestic suppliers?  (For engine and performance bits I have purchased from Ireland and found the pricing fair and the expertise outstanding).   I've been super happy with W&N, both with the speed of shipping and customer service.  In future my orders may not be as large so the shipping will be a bigger consideration.

How can there not be a domestic part supplier with prices more in line with W&N?

Thanks

Darren

sales@blunttech.com excellent customer service bought my trim there. 

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

I too used W & N for the majority of parts required for my recent Touring refurbishment for the same reason. However, for a few small orders I tended to use the company below,

https://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/?action=oePartSearch&siteid=214672&make=BMW&model=

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Like song says -  "Better shop around"

I've bought & sold both new and used parts for around 35 years

and I'm still amazed at different prices.

I could buy new parts for less than used ones,

just recently bought some new Bosch headlamps from Germany for a VW

Originals were made in Germany.  New ones made in Mexico.

Price for "Mexico Manufacture" was 1/2 overseas compared to USA

So made just over our border, shipped to Europe and cost is less  by 50%  !!

Truly an international market 

Edited by nutbehindthewheel

Nut (fka weevil)

My Claim To Fame - Worked On Harmon Fisher's Car !!! Yes the infamous 2002 F !!!

# 1 72 '02 Malaga, # 2 72 '02 Colorado, # 3 72 '02 Blue, # 4 72 '02 Malaga, # 5 72 tii, # 6 68 1602, # 17 68/76 '02 Custom Red, # 28 74 '02 Brown Metallic, 72 3.0 Csi, 73 3.0Csi, 80 735 Euro, 728 Parts Car

The one big difference is OEM components.  US-suppliers typically go through BMWNorthAmerica and are beholden to their pricing structure.  W&N, being in Germany, is going through a difference pricing structure for their OEM parts (and apparently have access to OEM suppliers in a way most US guys do not),

That being said, many new components are not what they once were and dealing with returns with a foreign entity can be a bit trickier than dealing domestic.

6 hours ago, jgerock said:

Don't leave out the local dealer for parts!  Big things like glass, rocker trim and other bulky items that are expensive to ship can be sourced from your local dealer (with a BMWCCA discount).

Plus you can inspect it on site and if there is any damage etc, you dont have to deal with return shipping costs etc... just have them order you another. 

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

13 hours ago, tomphot said:

Exchange rate is having a negative effect these days.  Euro 1 year ago was $1.05 - today about $1.25.  It getting a lot more expensive to order from the EU!

Wait for GBP to get hammered with Brexit and then order from Jaymic

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

I love W&N. 

And they probably love me too because I've been a pretty steady source of revenue for them the last few years. Their rotating daily, weekly, and season offers are a never ending devil on your shoulder of what your next project could be. 

I do live in Germany, so I reap the benefits of super cheap shipping, but yah, I haven't found anyone that can compete with their prices non-state-side. 

I have not... but maybe I should. I kinda just got comfortable ordering stuff from W&N. It's just easy, and stuff arrives within a day or two, crazy fast and reliable shipping, especially when you forgot that one thing you always forget but definitely need to get her up and running for the weekend.