• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

First real day working on the car After repaint, installed the fuel pump and the rear subframe...

7FBFAE02-E12F-4D19-A0F3-B9CEAC9EDF7B.jpeg

1E1D8805-525E-4E03-A2FB-A2BEA4FC9C6C.jpeg

9DD9E4AB-E5EB-4900-B8FF-8CDDB89A73E5.jpeg

Edited by BarneyT
Spelling
  • Like 13

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

19 hours ago, Mike G said:

About 1.5” lower than stock I think. H&r springs, Bilsteins, fixed camber plates, roll center spacers, 3 dot pads in the rear. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but unless they're offset roll center spacers, they will actually decrease negative camber, no?  The lower control arm is fixed length; it will be longest when it's horizontal; as it moves away from horizontal the X component will get shorter, no?  Which will pull the bottom of the tire in towards the center of the chassis, decreasing negative camber?

Got a picture of the strut tops / camber plates? 

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

10 hours ago, Vintagedavid said:

Barney --- You are my idol.  It's amazing how quickly you can have a car restored.

When Barney started this car, I made note of the date to "set the bar" so to speak.

My note says he started stripping parts on August 7th.  I'm betting it's back on the road in May.

Barney is a 2002 restoring machine.

• Like 3

Josh (in Dallas)

'72 tii

5 hours ago, irdave said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but unless they're offset roll center spacers, they will actually decrease negative camber, no?  The lower control arm is fixed length; it will be longest when it's horizontal; as it moves away from horizontal the X component will get shorter, no?  Which will pull the bottom of the tire in towards the center of the chassis, decreasing negative camber?

Got a picture of the strut tops / camber plates? 

They’re not the offset style, I thought they were meant to bring the arms back to horizontal on a lowered car but I just measured and my arms are lower at the strut than subframe. 

3FCBE1E8-22E2-4069-9BCC-37FA59F18E36.jpeg

6 hours ago, g_force said:

When Barney started this car, I made note of the date to "set the bar" so to speak.

My note says he started stripping parts on August 7th.  I'm betting it's back on the road in May.

Barney is a 2002 restoring machine.

Yes, other people (including me) bitch and moan for years. Barney just gets on with it and gets it done. 

Such an impressive ‘stable’. 

• Haha 1

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/