• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

On 4/29/2018 at 9:29 PM, njmolinelli said:

Sucked in the front bumpers too !! Looks way better

Wow.  Very cool. How about a picture from the side to show the difference and a little explanation of how?  I assuming cutting down the bracket?  Interesting question of what cutting and I assume re welding does to the structure for an accident.  But we aren't having one of those, are we?  :)

Dan Bridges https://www.mcbdlaw.com/danbridges

72C672F5-4936-4D47-8D38-51052FE96876.jpeg.872fc2ca9a69951ae67c5fef264e9fad.jpeg

Past Treasurer and Governor Washington State Bar Association

Wow.  Very cool. How about a picture from the side to show the difference and a little explanation of how?  I assuming cutting down the bracket?  Interesting question of what cutting and I assume re welding does to the structure for an accident.  But we aren't having one of those, are we?  [emoji4]
Here's mine after I tucked the front bumper. I cut the shocks back but that still wasn't enough for me so I cut the profile of the nose onto the bumper and brought it in even more.
I'm still not totally in love with it but it will hold me over until I can free up funds to allow some of the nicer bumper options out there. 20171025_195511.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Wow.  That is sucked in indeed.  Very creative.  For myself, I don't think I would want the bumper to not be further out than the nose or you would loose all protection from people parking by brale, etc.  I loath and despise my 1976 bumper, but I still want a bumper.

• Like 2

Dan Bridges https://www.mcbdlaw.com/danbridges

72C672F5-4936-4D47-8D38-51052FE96876.jpeg.872fc2ca9a69951ae67c5fef264e9fad.jpeg

Past Treasurer and Governor Washington State Bar Association

Wow.  That is sucked in indeed.  Very creative.  For myself, I don't think I would want the bumper to not be further out than the nose or you would loose all protection from people parking by brale, etc.  I loath and despise my 1976 bumper, but I still want a bumper.
That is a great point but I always tend to park my cars (that I care about) in the back of lots where most people wouldn't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dan Seattle said:

Wow.  Very cool. How about a picture from the side to show the difference and a little explanation of how?  I assuming cutting down the bracket?  Interesting question of what cutting and I assume re welding does to the structure for an accident.  But we aren't having one of those, are we?  :)

I only drilled a hole in each shock to release the pressure of it.. then just pushed it in 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chimi562 said:

kinda bummed I saw this. 

20180427_181928.jpg

20180427_181558.jpg

20180427_181522.jpg

20180427_181626.jpg

20180427_181532.jpg

Are you talking about the small amount of ‘mayonnaise’ in your oil? That might not be your head gasket, more likely condensation from a short run. If there was a lot more then I would be worried. 

• Like 2

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Yeah, you’ll change oil anyway now so you’ll see how much ”latte” you have. If drained stuff looks ok they that mayo is not that fatal.

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91

On 5/1/2018 at 9:55 AM, Bibm5 said:

That is a great point but I always tend to park my cars (that I care about) in the back of lots where most people wouldn't.

Me too I’ll walk the extra fifty feet to avoid that lol 

• Like 1

Got the sway bar loose so I could get the alternator out. Ordered new hardware from BelMetric for the sway bar. Replaced the stock bushings in the new alternator. With urethane. Drank beer, a local double ipa called Lazerdisc with my friend who had the circlip tool to celebrate! Alex

89CFEA43-2A7B-4086-9673-387774E0EFB9.jpeg

74AD09CC-D9FA-47C2-832B-3665CC30F798.jpeg

Rastadog ( Alex) 73 Tii, 2018 VW GTI with 3 pedals.

On 4/27/2018 at 6:19 PM, 7502 said:

I used the 02 for a run to the gas station to fill up my 1 gal gas can and get a 6 pack of beer. The car performed perfectly, it better, it's the only one street worthy at the present time.

Needed the gas to run the pressure washer on the Ghia's engine. I pulled it this morning and have some work to do replacing the forward engine seal behind the flywheel.While I'm at it I'll replace the clutch, pressure plate, thowout bearing and alternator. I will test run the engine on my shopping cart/engine stand before I cram it back in the car. Cold weather and rain is on the way so the engine is wrapped up in plastic. I don't think I can get the cart back in the garage.

DSC00123.JPG

DSC00107.JPG

DSC00109.JPG

DSC00114.JPG

Do yourself a favour, replace the two oil seals at the bottom of the oil cooler while you are at it. They don't look bad, but just in case. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002