• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Feedback


Community Reputation

141 Excellent

About AndySals

  • Birthday 07/31/1972

Profile Information

  • Gender Male
  • Location Bury, Lancashire, England
  • Interests Obviously my 2002, football, socialising with friends, & my job.

Recent Profile Visitors

1,017 profile views
  1. AndySals

    What did you do to your 2002 today !

    We finally had a couple of hours where it didn't rain, snow or hail this weekend!! So I fitted the wheels and made a start on the windshield 🤗
  2. AndySals

    What did you do to your 2002 today !

    I pcked up the car from the paint shop today. As soon as the dry weather hits, I can start putting it back together.
  3. AndySals

    What did you do to your 2002 today !

    I went to the painters t see the 02 again today, I can't wait to get it back!
  4. AndySals

    What did you do to your 2002 today !

    Not today, but Tuesday (my computer threw a wobbler!) So after at least a couple of years slowly doing the metalwork whilst still enjoying driving it, I was finally given the green light by my painter. He'll bond and blend the Alpina arches in and then give it a new coat of Fjord Blue. I'm very excited; it should be done in around a month.
  5. AndySals

    What did you do to your 2002 today !

    Well, nothing on the car but I answered a text that read that my painter can take the car in at the end of January. I've been waiting months and I'm very excited 🤗
  6. AndySals

    What do you do for a living?

    I'm a time served sheet metal worker. I got off the shop floor after 25 years and I now manage a fabrication company (Hopefield Fab Ltd). We specialise in decorative metalwork and we use mild steel, stainless steel, zinc, pewter, brass and copper.
  7. AndySals

    What did you do to your 2002 today !

    Love the speaker pods. The whole thing looks factory 😉
  8. AndySals

    Andy Salisbury's 02

    Over the last few months I've been trying to get the whole thing ready for my painter. He's not the type of guy who likes to be pestered, so I'm waiting for a call from him any day to let me know that my car can go in. I've also spent time sorting the door gaps out. He'll bond the arches and blend them into the body. Then he'll prep and paint as much as he can see. I just need to remove the glass now. Photos don't show it but all the chrome and exterior trim is now off.
  9. I didn't even know about the 02 being called a type 114 This site seems very informative.
  10. AndySals

    Filling Out Turbo Flares?

    Here's what I did. Cut the outer skin more than the inner skin, then use an old chisel as a hand weight and knock an edge off the inner skin to meet the outer. then weld and sand off to leave a eat finish. My wheels are 13 x 7 with -5 offset. I'm using uprated springs and dampers to stop it bottoming out.
  11. AndySals

    What did you do to your 2002 today !

    I’m very envious. It’ll be awesome!
  12. AndySals

    What did you do to your 2002 today !

    Surely an Alfa Romeo 3.2 V6. Prettier and sounding better than the original Ferrari engine they put in them. One of my favourite cars of all time hands down.
  13. If your garage is responsible for the damage, the least they can do is fit the nutserts/rivnuts for you. If not, whatever you come up with, just watch you don't open the hood too far because you will cream your front grille.