• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Yesterday was the first day for my'74 2002 to serve as my daily driver (I work from home). It was eventful, though. First, I took into my local shop for an inspection by people smarter than me, something I had not done since purchasing it last August. I didn't even have a proper PPI. Report came back with drive belt, tie-rods and rear hub/axle bearing needing replaced, plus a few other items. Better than expected. Next, I had to drive the 02 to my vintage scooter club night (I'm currently replacing my Vespa headlight and Lambretta is 4 weeks out from being rideable). Before heading into the bar, I set my kill switch incase anyone was thinking of stealing it. when I returned 3 hours later, I forgot to turn off the kill switch when I attempted to start the car. this resulted in me flooding the carb and draining the battery. My first "user-error" with my 02. I got a jump and used the 1/4 throttle trick to fire it back up! I'll remove the kill switch after I install my new door handles (which have lock) and center console.

Here's to vintage life!

IMG_4879.jpg

Edited by joebarthlow
  • Like 3

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)

57 minutes ago, SydneyTii said:

Lol. just take your distributor rotor arm with you when you leave the car, cant start without it.

Looks like a nice car, anymore pics,is it white? Cheers.

it's Polaris with evidence of Sahara and Sienna in the past. BMW tells me the original color was Riviera but I have not seen any on it. Currently the interior is tan, gray and black. it's a bit of a basket case. Interior will be all black when I find some rear wall panels and front arm rests in black. I want to trade my '68 bumpers for some '72-'73 bumpers too.

IMG_3769.jpg

Edited by joebarthlow
  • Like 1

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)

2 hours ago, joebarthlow said:

Interior will be all black when I find some rear wall panels and front arm rests in black. I want to trade my '68 bumpers for some '72-'73 bumpers too.

IMG_3769.jpg

You can clean your panels & spray dye them all black.  Why later bumpers?  You have the cool baby Euro overriders!

• Like 1

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

1 minute ago, KenH said:

I thought I was going to see you replace a head gasket :)

I left the light on for youl

:P

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

3 minutes ago, jp5Touring said:

What brand anti-freeze is that ?

My Coca-Cola funnel? :D

Just water right now. I'm gonna run some flush through it.

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.