• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions sought on fog light configurations

Dionk

Good morning I am planning on installing some hella fog lights. One set is 8 inch clear the other set is 6 inch yellow. I'm seeking opinions on configuration. Would like to place them either side-by-side or in a one up one down configuration. Similar to the pic. So let me know what you guys/gals think thanks bye.021263d3de8b0aabed5b89e4e249f116.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also like the stacked look, fog as low as practical and canted to the outside about 10' to light the sides of the road in the fog and when cornering. If you have a pencil beam mount it on the drivers side on the top row.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

Lots of different choices to go with as far as fog/rally lights go and really it all comes down to personal taste. I think the 02 looks great with them in just about any fashion and looks great without them. Here is one of my personal favorite configurations but as suggested before, definitely do an image search to find out which you like most!

-Mac

a06aaf75ca903943287f84ad8a4bfaaa.jpg

Edited by Lawmacmoore

Lawrence "Mac" Moore

Aspiring 2002 owner

College student @ Stephen F. Austin State University & Intern @ Motorcar Studio

Instagram: @Lawmacmoore

4 minutes ago, kbmb02 said:

Another configuration to consider (these on a rally car I bought a while back, might be a bit over the top...?) -KB

rally-lights-1.thumb.jpg.e3c2843450a7662ce740a9dad7561d84.jpg

A little too Star-Wars like for me to actually do but it certainly shows creativity, haha

Lawrence "Mac" Moore

Aspiring 2002 owner

College student @ Stephen F. Austin State University & Intern @ Motorcar Studio

Instagram: @Lawmacmoore

Whatever the setup, remember that if they wobble over bumps, they're useless, unless they're just for show... Big lights typically have a provision on the back of the housing for a stabilizer bar to be attached. I used the hood supports for an attachment point.

Bob

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

Whatever the setup, remember that if they wobble over bumps, they're useless, unless they're just for show... Big lights typically have a provision on the back of the housing for a stabilizer bar to be attached. I used the hood supports for an attachment point.

Bob

Got the stabilizer bars.

A Unistrut catalog provides a wealth of interestingly shaped brackets for mounting driving and fog lights.  Very sturdy too--they're 3/16 or 1/4 inch steel plate.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

A little too Star-Wars like for me to actually do but it certainly shows creativity, haha

You could go hunting with this config. Maybe even help a few planes land in bad weather.