• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New Book, "Ran When Parked," About Resurrecting a '72 tii, is Now Available on Amazon

You're # 1 in hot new releases in Classic Cars on Amazon....

Perhaps if we all order we can push you to the NYT.... 

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

73 tii (Verona, survivor, owned since '92)

66 DS21 (most technologically advanced car of the 20th Century)

Cool ... ordered!

Love your unique writing style.

-Bob

ps: how'd you get Eric Clapton to pose for the front cover...?

-Bob
(current: 1972 Malaga 2002, VIN 2584644, build date July 26, 1972)

Previous: 1973 Sahara 2002 #2585896 (RIP), 1969 1600, 1971 2002, 1964 Triumph Herald convertible, 1965 Triumph Herald convertible, 1961 Triumph TR3A, 1967 Triumph TR4A-irs, 1959 Austin Healey 100/6, and about 10 other cars (most of which were quite boring)...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rob, the shipping costs are more than the book, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it every bit as much as "Memoirs of a Hack Mechanic"!

Looking forward to my inscribed copy when they become available.

Keep on keepin' on inspiring us wannabe mechanics!

Tom - the linear accelerator guy

1972 BMW Inka 2002Tii  ?

1974 BMW Turkis 3.0 CSi ?

1972 MBZ Weiss 280SE 4.5 

2006 BMW Cobalt 530i (38,700 m original)

Great read and very relevant to most of us as we turn wrenches to keep us sane in this world. 

Didn't quite fix my banging exhaust, bangs less though.

Motivates me as I get ready for road trip to SLO this summer. 

Colin K.

Malaga '72 tii

Thanks everyone. 

Louie, the subject of the book, who I nursed home from Louisville by the skin of my teeth last February, just completed an absolutely flawless 2150 mile round-trip jaunt to The Vintage and back. Damn, man, it's reassuring that, when you spend two months sorting a car out, you can have a trouble-free trip.

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

44 minutes ago, thehackmechanic said:

Thanks everyone. 

Louie, the subject of the book, who I nursed home from Louisville by the skin of my teeth last February, just completed an absolutely flawless 2150 mile round-trip jaunt to The Vintage and back. Damn, man, it's reassuring that, when you spend two months sorting a car out, you can have a trouble-free trip.

Okay...

Now you've jinxed it!

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

1 hour ago, thehackmechanic said:

Thanks everyone. 

... who (an old car) I nursed home from Louisville by the skin of my teeth....

A new premiss for another book? Perhaps like Zen and The Art of....Fear and Loathing; maybe..or Still Life with Woodpecker even. 

Edited by conkitchen

But what do I know

Hey Rob, did you see this?  Your book (or the story of your book) was mentioned in grassrootsmotorsports.com in that fantastic, and pretty much famous, forum thread of the guy who rebuilt his R63 AMG engine after getting a $57K repair bill.  Here's the link:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/r63-amg-the-unicorn-of-my-destruction/110824/page97/

Edited by yeewiz
wrong word

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver