• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'67 Schwarz 1600 on eBay

ray_

This is if Derby and Tesoro melted into one... [emoji6]

Maybe I should have waited 4 years to have bought this car all in one instead of owning 2 now.... [emoji6] LOL

Lisa 02princess -  SF Bay Area

73 2002  - "TESORO" 2585434  <>  67 1600  - "DERBY" 1514011 <> 65 R60/2 "Gigi" Motorad w/Sidecar

02princesslisa@gmail.com     https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/143-02princesslisa-with-her-tesoro-derby/

instagram: MotoLisa.02P

:o Wow, absolutely breathtaking. What a survivor! The originality of this car is unbelievable. 50 years and it still retains all of the correct bits (steering wheel, mirror, dash, wheels, seats, 6V, original motor, etc). Can someone confirm this is original paint? It's always hard to tell from photos alone... Either way, a super original early 1600 like this is a rare find! And in Schwartz to boot? Yes please!  :wub:

I wouldn't be surprised if this one crests $30k, let's call it $31,600. Heck, it might even hit $40k... Too expensive? Go find another. I'll give you a hint, you won't be able to.

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

[emoji33] Wow, absolutely breathtaking. What a survivor! The originality of this car is unbelievable. 50 years and it still retains all of the correct bits (steering wheel, mirror, dash, wheels, seats, 6V, original motor, etc). 

Love that embossed front nose trim too! [emoji7]
Looking for one for Derby!

This car needs to go to a loving home! I wish I had more room!

Lisa 02princess -  SF Bay Area

73 2002  - "TESORO" 2585434  <>  67 1600  - "DERBY" 1514011 <> 65 R60/2 "Gigi" Motorad w/Sidecar

02princesslisa@gmail.com     https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/143-02princesslisa-with-her-tesoro-derby/

instagram: MotoLisa.02P

Yep, pretty amazing. Schwarz was never a common color; personally, this is the first pre-'72 that I've ever seen! Worthy of a concours detail from Canepa or Images Autobody IMHO. Absolutely singular car to add to a collection.

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

I predict that, assuming it meets its reserve, it will sell for less than it should -- given the rarity and originality!  ?

In my opinion, to date, '02 collectors are more likely to throw money at horsepower -- ti, tii, turbo, M2 -- than at originality.

Absolutely wonderful example, but I would NOT hang onto the Sears bias-ply tires....

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Quite a time capsule.  Couldn't see anything in the attached pictures that was wrong for an early '67...and BTW, those early 1600s came with bias ply tires.  You had to order and pay extra for radials, unlike the 2002s, which Hoffman ordered with tne "non-optional" optional radial tires.that 

I've never seen an early 1600 or 2002 that was black from the factory.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite