• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No more Bimmer Magazine

nomalt

Just rec'd in the mail today how Bimmer Magazine will stop publishing. April 2017 will be the last issue.

Too bad as I always looked forward to each new magazine. :( 

1974 BMW 2002

1989 BMW 325is

2011 Toyota RAV4 v6

I just finished the previous issue a few days ago.  Near the back I noticed the annual statement that magazines have to make about the number of copies they sell, and I was wondering how they can survive selling so few copies.  Unfortunately, they couldn't.

I really enjoyed the magazine.  Plus, there goes half my monthly-ish Mike Miller tech answer fix.

Matthew Cervi
'71 Bavaria

'18 M2

Dang!  Jackie (editor) is a really interesting person--I've met her several times on new car press intros--and I owe 'em a story on doing an E30 front suspension....

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Huge bummer! I've looked forward to this magazine every month for many years. I've enjoyed reading about many of the beautiful cars belonging to the enthusiasts in this community (Paul Huber's Baikal Baur, Matt Peterson's Golf tii, Paul Cain's Fjord monster, etc). I was also lucky enough to have my two '02s featured in Bimmer over the years. Ms Jouret did a phenomenal job and I'll miss Bimmer very much.

COOP

Edited by COOP

Sent in my 3 year subscription just last month...maybe they'll just go digital, I hope they do. 

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

On 11/11/2016 at 9:50 PM, adawil2002 said:

Sent in my 3 year subscription just last month...maybe they'll just go digital, I hope they do. 

According to the letter:  for those of us with subscriptions beyond April the remainder will be fulfilled with "Excellence, the magazine about Porsche."  No digital future for Bimmer (not surprising, I don't think there's enough ad revenue there either).

Matthew Cervi
'71 Bavaria

'18 M2

18 minutes ago, MatthewCervi said:

According to the letter:  for those of us with subscriptions beyond April the remainder will be fulfilled with "Excellence, the magazine about Porsche."  No digital future for Bimmer (not surprising, I don't think there's enough ad revenue there either).

I'm going to call them and ask to prorate and refund my 3 year subscription.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40